What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Talking Messenger for status etc

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Talking Messenger for status etc
Author: Message:
magiva

49 / Male / –
O.P. Roll Eyes  Talking Messenger for status etc
At www.talkingmessenger.com you can download a plugin for MSN IM but sadly this no longer works with versions above 6 (may even be lower).

This was great as it "spoke" when people signed on, signed off, changed state and when you received a message.

This was so helpful when the pc is in another room and instead of the ping you hear who has signed on etc.

Can we have this in PLUS????? it would be a seriously nice addition.
02-10-2005 01:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Talking Messenger for status etc
I don't really understand, if you mean a automatic status changer, then it has one if you are away for so long or w/e... or if you mean a comeback message, then you can do this by right-clicking on the person who is offline, going to 'messenger plus! extras, and click 'set comeback message', and the next time he is online when you are, it will send him the message that you wrote earlier...

if you mean an offline talker, stuffplug ng 2 can do this, and you can download it from here: www.stuffplug.com

for the stuffplug 'offline talker' to work, you have to block the contact, and you can talk to them while they're blocked, making it appear that you are offline.
02-10-2005 01:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
you can already sort of do some of this with plus !

go to plus! > preferences > notifications >

then for each contact u can set a certain sound when they sign in and/or out

you can't have certain sounds for when that person sends a message to you i'm affraid tho. maybe someone will be able to make a plugin which can tho

edit:
traxor no offence, but wtf ?? how have u got offline talker from wot she has said :S
edit2:
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Messenger Plus! Event Log basically?
again, wot you on about :S

This post was edited on 02-10-2005 at 01:37 PM by toddy.
02-10-2005 01:25 PM
KnightieBoy

Yeah right!

– / Male / –
I think magiva is talking about a plugin thats says who has come online, changed status, etc.. (instead of the regular ping, it says the name or something)..
Wouldn't that increase the package-size, if it has to pronounce each contact's name (thus know every letter and word)? I would rather have this as a plugin than as a feature in Messenger Plus!
[Image: MsgPlusNL.gif]
02-10-2005 01:27 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

Messenger Plus! Event Log basically?
02-10-2005 01:31 PM
Chris.1

addicted to the net

36 / Male / –
AS KnightieBoy said, magiva is talking about a plugin in which the computer will actually speak the persons name - for example "Chris has signed in".

If this was on a mac, if would be easily possible - mac has a speech capability built it. However, since it will need to be a Windows application - I'm not so sure it will be easy - unless there is some "speaking" program built into windows I do not know about. On my old computer, built into the soundcard, there was the capability to sound out single words - so this may actually be possible. I'll let someone else, possibly Patchou, answer this in more detail.

Shouldn't this me in a specific Messenger Plus! Forum, rather than in Tech Talk? Edit: Just realised it has been moved / I clicked on the wrong forum.

This post was edited on 02-10-2005 at 02:55 PM by Chris.1.
02-10-2005 02:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
magiva

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Talking Messenger for status etc
Yes Chris and Knightieboy are correct.  The talking messenger program did speak in whichever voices you had installed (Windows XP).  for previous operating systems the files to enable speech are readilly available.  by default it sounded like Steven Hawkins computer but if you downloaded different voices availalble off the net you could assign female voices to your female contacts and male to mail etc.

was brilliant until the developer stopped developing and it became incompantable with later versions of msn.

have a look on the website for more details www.talkingmessenger.com - its a bit rustic but still there.
02-10-2005 03:31 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
u do know the plugin is for windows messenger and not msn messenger, hard u tried using it with windows messenger ??

i'm tryin...but can't sign in on windows messenger atm :@

edit:
the plugin seems to be workin, altho it isn't actually makin any sound for me :S it says that it has said the message tho in the "spoken message"tab

This post was edited on 02-10-2005 at 04:24 PM by toddy.
02-10-2005 04:14 PM
magiva

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Talking Messenger for status etc
yeah, sorry i always thought that one was the same as the other for MSN IM and WINDOWS IM.  Ive always used MSN IM and it simply stopped working around MSN IM v5. - The developer confirmed this.

The software says its said certain things but makes not sound- nor does it see the contacts from the contact list.

It did though - honest :)
Just dont have an old version of MSN IM to re-confirm\re-try
The voice talking bit stopped working after XP SP2 was installed - i never bothered to check the speech installation from the control panel - the talking messenger didnt work so i didnt persue it.

But now that Messenger Plus is thriving i thought it would be a place to revive this program and get see if someone can get it working.
02-10-2005 04:30 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by magiva

But now that Messenger Plus is thriving i thought it would be a place to revive this program and get see if someone can get it working.
you will need the owners permission and stuff, also patchou doesn't like using other peoples coding

i'm sure theres a simply way to get it working, you will just need to install and update or something to windows, i'll try get mine working
02-10-2005 04:40 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: