What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [suggestion] Seperated features

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[suggestion] Seperated features
Author: Message:
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: [suggestion] Plus! Lite / seperated features
can i ask where you getting your stats/info from ??

yes somepeople may think there a few to many options/features, but the majory of people don't !! because they find the features useful

quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBlast
The people that don't like things usually stay quiet and move on
again see no evidence of this, search the forum you will see that many people come and post ther opinions and thngs
quote:
take half an hour
you can sign up and post a thread with in about 5 mins :undecided:

quote:
My point is that you guys only see one side of the story.
:undecided: now you can see wot i'm thinking :O

This post was edited on 02-13-2005 at 03:37 PM by toddy.
02-13-2005 03:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DeltaBlast

Wheeee!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [suggestion] Plus! Lite / seperated features
"can i ask where you getting your stats/info from ??"
>>From quite a big range of friends/contacts/family, and I think that they represent the larger population quite well.

"again see no evidence of this, search the forum you will see that many people come and post ther opinions and thngs"
>>. . . That is my point. You don't see those people because they don't post. For every user that posts here there are 100s, maybe 1000s who don't.

"you can sign up and post a thread with in about 5 mins"
>>>If you are lucky, yes. But there are the possible mail problems, the filling in of the profile, the actual typing of a good arguemented posts... it can easily take up to half an hour :)
But even 5 minutes is often too much nowadays.
ÐeltaBlast
Firemarble.com

He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
~
M.C. Escher
02-13-2005 03:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
There has been such a discussion before. Basically, if there are features you don't want, don't use them. Sure there are lots of features, but the way Plus 3 was designed was to make the preferences easier to use.

The people I know who use Plus have never had a problem using just the features they want. Certainly there are people who don't use all the features and just leave them alone.

If there was a "Plus Lite" version there would be too much arguement about what features should be kept and those that should be left out. Also it would mean a lot more work for Patchou. Its easier all round just to keep one version fits all ;)
02-13-2005 04:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
and I think that they represent the larger population quite well.

funniest thing i've heard all day :P ....... to represent a large part of the population of users you would need to have like a couple million or more friends
quote:
For every user that posts here there are 100s, maybe 1000s who don't.
how can u say that ?!?! you yourself just has just agreed there is no evidence
quote:
If you are lucky, yes. But there are the possible mail problems, the filling in of the profile, the actual typing of a good arguemented posts... it can easily take up to half an hour
But even 5 minutes is often too much nowadays
well if the person is really that bothered then they will take the time to post !!

also wots 30mins out of your life time, something like 0.00000000000000001% (thats juts a guess, but u get the picture, its a very small ammount of time)

edit:
Jeronimo stop posting replies that had already been said :dodgy:

This post was edited on 02-13-2005 at 04:16 PM by toddy.
02-13-2005 04:10 PM
DeltaBlast

Wheeee!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [suggestion] Plus! Lite / seperated features
quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
If there was a "Plus Lite" version there would be too much arguement about what features should be kept and those that should be left out. Also it would mean a lot more work for Patchou. Its easier all round just to keep one version fits all ;)

That's why I suggested the seperate part. That way, users can pick what they want to install and what not. Because of that, even more feutures (that now reside in plugins, like better file transfer) could be made part of the whole program. Thus making it a better world ^_^
ÐeltaBlast
Firemarble.com

~
M.C. Escher
02-13-2005 04:10 PM
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
Why is it so hard to install a program and when you dont want a function/feature then: DONT USE IT. No need for an Plus! Lite
and:
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
a lite version is out of the question
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22...d=217814#pid217814
02-13-2005 04:14 PM
DeltaBlast

Wheeee!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [suggestion] seperated features
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
funniest thing i've heard all day :P ....... to represent a large part of the population of users you would need to have like a couple million or more friends
>>do you even know what representing means? :p I have friends, contacts etc of many kinds, throughout the world. sure, it isn't a super acurate representation, but it gives you quite a global image.

how can u say that ?!?! you yourself just has just agreed there is no evidence
>>... do you see 2 million people register here each month? pff

well if the person is really that bothered then they will take the time to post !!
>> That's just the point: they aren't bothered enough to take the time to post. it's easier just not to use the program. And it's unlikely that posting about it is going to improve the situation... (that's why all of this is fairly pointless :p)

Answers in quote

"Why is it so hard to install a program and when you dont want a function/feature then: DONT USE IT. "

You have to disable each item seperately, and they take up space and memory. Like said before. Please read next time before you start using caps.

Anyway, seeing as lite is out of the question, let's continue this as a suggestion for seperate functions ;)

This post was edited on 02-13-2005 at 04:18 PM by DeltaBlast.
ÐeltaBlast
Firemarble.com

~
M.C. Escher
02-13-2005 04:15 PM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
quote:
That's why I suggested the seperate part. That way, users can pick what they want to install and what not. Because of that, even more feutures (that now reside in plugins, like better file transfer) could be made part of the whole program. Thus making it a better world ^_^
How would this be done though? How can you make the preference panel so that it only contains some features? It would have to split up every feature and make the preferences more complex and unorganised.

Firefox is the same as Plus. I don't think there is a version of Firefox where you choose what to install and what not to. You get one version of Firefox and you can add extensions to it. You get one version of Plus and you can add plugins to it. Its a system that works already.
02-13-2005 04:18 PM
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
You have to disable each item seperately, and they take up space and memory. Like said before. Please read next time before you start using caps.
The install program to ver. 3.25 is 3.42 mb, if that takes up a lot of space then you need to buy a bigger HDD. And Plus! dont use a lot of memory.
02-13-2005 04:19 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
but it gives you quite a global image

wots globe image got to do with owt ??? face it, you and your friends are a very very small percentage of the group of users

quote:
do you see 2 million people register here each month?
so u think theres 2 million people that have problems with it :undecided:
quote:
You have to disable each item seperately

no u don't, most feature can't be disable.....u just don't use them !! eg notifications (which you say is useless) can't be disable, u just don't turn them on

This post was edited on 02-13-2005 at 04:22 PM by toddy.
02-13-2005 04:19 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: