What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [Idea] IM Message Forwarder

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[Idea] IM Message Forwarder
Author: Message:
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Idea] IM Message Forwarder
I've thought up yet another plugin idea. :P So here it is..

My idea is a plugin that you can turn on, which copies all incoming messages and sends them through an IM window to a certain MSN account address.

So for example:
If you have a home MSN account and a work MSN account, you could turn on the plugin and set it up to forward all messages to your work MSN account. So while you're at work, you'd get a message from your home MSN account whenever someone would send you a message to your home MSN account. If you know what I mean, it's a bit hard to explain. I think i'll just make a picture to show what i mean, I've got nothing else to do at the moment anyway. :P

[Image: message_forwarder.jpg]
(On the left is your home computer and on the right is your work computer.)
The two people have sent you a message to your home MSN account (on the left), but since you're not home you've turned the plugin on and the plugin sends those messages from those people, to your work MSN account (on the right) so you can read them while you're at work.

From all this I'm pretty sure most of you will understand, if you don't then just ask.

So what do you all think, and is anyone interested in making this? :)
[Image: johnsig02.png]
02-14-2005 06:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jip

RE: [Idea] IM Message Forwarder
or u could just sign in to ur msn account at work :/

making the need for that plugin useless

i suppose u could make a bnc type thing for msn which stays logged on and just logs the messages whilst ur offline
02-14-2005 06:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jameslives

yeah why dont you just sign in at work like jip said?

you would have to be signed in at work anyway to recieve the forwarded messages in the first place

This post was edited on 02-14-2005 at 06:45 PM by jameslives.
[Image: jmzsigsmall3dd.gif]
02-14-2005 06:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Cromp

The Sh*t has really hit the fan

dont have 2 accounts, so i wouldnt personally need this feature.

but i no some people who have 2 accounts, one for home use and one for work, so mebbe it might be used.....mebbe..

so this was the big plugin idea you had thought of on irc.. but wouldnt tell us about :P

This post was edited on 02-14-2005 at 07:07 PM by Cromp.
02-14-2005 07:03 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Good idea Jaguar... :D.. Could easily be made... I could do it, but to busy with lots of other stuff... It's not that hard to do...
Also this way, you could infact have a person "spying" on your chat with someone... I reguarly sends some text that someone wrote to me, to another person... If the other person needs to hear what we are talking about, this way I could just set the plugin to forward all msgs to the other person... I'd do it sometime, if sometime I get some time to do it and no one else have done it yet.. I'd do it for you and everybody else...
02-14-2005 07:12 PM
Joel4119

You could just sign in to your email at work. However, you could sign in to a friend's account at home and have that forward. Then again, there's always polygamy.
02-14-2005 07:57 PM
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Idea] IM Message Forwarder
quote:
Originally posted by Jip
or u could just sign in to ur msn account at work :/

If I would want to do that then I wouldnt have come up with the idea of this plugin. Also, you can use it for more things than just my example.

Yeah I know you're busy CyBeRDuDe. :P Don't worry about making this, just keep working on your Shortcut Plugin. :P
[Image: johnsig02.png]
02-14-2005 08:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jip

but theres no logic in a plugin like this

u would just sign in on ur msn account at work, using a seperate account for work and for home also has no logic(ever heard of groups :( )
02-14-2005 08:48 PM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag

quote:
Originally posted by Jip
but theres no logic in a plugin like this

u would just sign in on ur msn account at work, using a seperate account for work and for home also has no logic(ever heard of groups :( )

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
If I would want to do that then I wouldnt have come up with the idea of this plugin. Also, you can use it for more things than just my example.
02-14-2005 08:54 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: [Idea] IM Message Forwarder
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Good idea Jaguar... :D.. Could easily be made.

(Damn you Jaguar, another good idea :P )
i highly doubt that.
sure sending text is as easy as one call but there is currently _no_ way to get the text coming from your contact easily. Plus API wont be allowing it anytime soon either, it would involve some skillful tactics/hooking to get this one to work. (or proxying which MSN7 destroyed :( :P)

i dont really see the point of it though, Jaguar if you really want it made, try to talk me into it over MSN :P. (although i might not be able to do it because i've tried already before :( )
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
02-15-2005 07:23 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: