What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [Idea] IM Message Forwarder

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[Idea] IM Message Forwarder
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Idea] IM Message Forwarder
I think a plugin like this would be sooner be used as a spy tool then it would have a real normal purpose. If somebody should make a plugin like this, be sure the user is notified his/her conversation if forwarded (and to who) when a conversation is started.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-15-2005 03:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I think a plugin like this would be sooner be used as a spy tool then it would have a real normal purpose. If somebody should make a plugin like this, be sure the user is notified his/her conversation if forwarded (and to who) when a conversation is started.

Nahh.. I wouldn't think so.. I see your point... But this isn't any different that if I was copy/pasting the conversation to another person... The person I'm copying from would never know I did this... so this is nothing different than copy/pasting you conversation with a person to someone else, excpet this would be full automatic... that's the only difference... :S...
02-15-2005 09:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Yes i know, but i mean when you install this plugin (when it would be created) on somebody else's account without him/her knowing it. You could set it up to forward all communication to your account while your victom doesn't know unless he/she goes to Plus! preferences > Plugins. On the other hand, installing a keylogger, virus or whatever is just as easy that way. I guess i just had a paranoid privacy attack :D.

I do like the suggestion BTW, just can't figure out a sitiation in which it would be usefull yet.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-16-2005 12:33 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Yes i know, but i mean when you install this plugin (when it would be created) on somebody else's account without him/her knowing it. You could set it up to forward all communication to your account while your victom doesn't know unless he/she goes to Plus! preferences > Plugins. On the other hand, installing a keylogger, virus or whatever is just as easy that way. I guess i just had a paranoid privacy attack :D.

Hehe, I did also think that exact same thought... :D...

quote:
I do like the suggestion BTW, just can't figure out a sitiation in which it would be usefull yet.

Me neither, but I like the idea, and think that it would be possible... :P
02-16-2005 07:57 AM
Dark Link

Just had an idea. Couldn't we use Messenger API to detect if a message is received?
And how to do it?
02-17-2005 10:02 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: [Idea] IM Message Forwarder
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Link
Just had an idea. Couldn't we use Messenger API to detect if a message is received?
And how to do it?

no, you cant yet, only can you run code (easily :P) by both contacts having the plugin, and sending the special code.

so this plugin would be pretty hard to code, and probably get used by script kiddies. the Idea was good Jaguar, but the amount of people who use it for the wrong reasons is going to be more than the people who use it for the right reasons. [Image: attachment.php?pid=377363]
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
02-19-2005 03:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hayzer

Does anyone know if anything like this has been created yet? I'm really interested in copying messages sent to me to my cell phone.
07-03-2005 10:43 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
cell phones aye...use msn/hotmail mobile
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
07-04-2005 12:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I think this plugin could be rlly useful.. here's a situation..

your at home.. you're waiting for some1 to send you a msg.. damn, the person is taking too long, you go up to go to watch tv, the pc is still downstair, you got one upstairs though but its logged to another account.. its ok, youll sign in on it, but before you can log-in, you decide to go to the bathroom.. while that happens, the guy sent you a message.. and went offline.. you sign in upstairs, you have no msg, the guy is gone, u dunno if he came in, u wasted ur whole time..

the message is still downstairs.. but you have no clue there is.. so ye..

IF YOU HAD THAT PLUGIN u would be fine

( see how much imagination I got :D ;-) )
07-04-2005 01:56 AM
hayzer

RE: RE: [Idea] IM Message Forwarder
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
cell phones aye...use msn/hotmail mobile

I use it whenever I can, but the problem is that most people just aren't aware of it. So, I've been searching all over for a plug-in or program that will do this with no luck.  I keep my MSN on often, and I want to be able to still receive messages when I'm out. So, is there still hope for this idea?
07-04-2005 02:07 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: