What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [Idea] IM Message Forwarder

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
[Idea] IM Message Forwarder
Author: Message:
hayzer

RE: [Idea] IM Message Forwarder
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
07-07-2005 09:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Idea] IM Message Forwarder
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
I think this plugin could be rlly useful.. here's a situation..

your at home.. you're waiting for some1 to send you a msg.. damn, the person is taking too long, you go up to go to watch tv, the pc is still downstair, you got one upstairs though but its logged to another account.. its ok, youll sign in on it, but before you can log-in, you decide to go to the bathroom.. while that happens, the guy sent you a message.. and went offline.. you sign in upstairs, you have no msg, the guy is gone, u dunno if he came in, u wasted ur whole time..

the message is still downstairs.. but you have no clue there is.. so ye..

IF YOU HAD THAT PLUGIN u would be fine

( see how much imagination I got :D ;-) )

one problem in your imagination process though :p the plugin wouldn't have worked in the first place since you weren't signed in upstairs at the time he send the message...

-------

As people have stated, the "original" use of the plugin is totally useless and makes not much sense (unless you're one of those "why do it in the proper and easy way while you can do it the hard way"-people :P). Simply sign in with the account you want to "monitor" (using polygamy for all I care) on the PC you're at and/or don't be lazy and go check downstairs...

And if you really desperate then block your whole contactlist except the contact you expect a message from and turn your speakers to "rediculus blasting out extra loud sound", and then go upstairs and simply wait for the earthquake to happen....

The use of copying text to someone else, as in letting someone spy on one of your conversations, is however a real use. However, bare in mind that not all conversations are supposed to be "public domain" and the normal nature of a convo in MSN is that it is suppose to be confidential (and yes I know all about when you send something to someone you have the chance that blahblahblah, and you can copy/paste anyways blahblahblahblah... but the fact is that people expect that a convo on msn isn't so easly copied and is kept private). So, what I want to say to whoever is going to make this: be very, and I mean extremely, carefully in how you set this up and think about warnings and possible misuse and abuse of this plugin...

This would be the kind of plugin which is very handy and usefull in the right hands, but often and always will end up being used in the wrong hands...

;)

This post was edited on 07-07-2005 at 10:37 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-07-2005 10:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
freitag

The freitag

36 / Female / –
i'm signed it on one account on my home computer, and another account when i'm at work/school. i have the same nick on both addresses, but one account is set to away; if i'm at work, my account on my home computer is set to away. if i'm at home, my acco.... you know what i mean). however, some annoying people don't care about my status, they just think i'ms et to away cause i'm busy or something. i often come home and see messages that people have sent me while i've been at work or school.
i think this would be a useful plugin. 
another good reason for why it would be useful: some people don't have all the same contacts on both accounts. if a contact you only have on your "home account" sends you a message, it would be forwarded to your other account.
of course, there is a reason why you don't have all the same contacts added on both of your accounts, so therefore the plugin should have like an allow list where you tick off the contacts you don't want your account to forward messages from :)
I want what I haven't got.
07-07-2005 10:51 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by freitag
i'm signed it on one account on my home computer, and another account when i'm at work/school. i have the same nick on both addresses, but one account is set to away; if i'm at work, my account on my home computer is set to away. if i'm at home, my acco.... you know what i mean). however, some annoying people don't care about my status, they just think i'ms et to away cause i'm busy or something. i often come home and see messages that people have sent me while i've been at work or school.
i think this would be a useful plugin. 
another good reason for why it would be useful: some people don't have all the same contacts on both accounts. if a contact you only have on your "home account" sends you a message, it would be forwarded to your other account.
of course, there is a reason why you don't have all the same contacts added on both of your accounts, so therefore the plugin should have like an allow list where you tick off the contacts you don't want your account to forward messages from :)
If only a set of people should be "allowed" to be forwareded to your work account.. Why not just add them to the work account??????... Wouldn't that solve this problem?...
Well... I don't know.. somehow I still like the idea.. But there are also a set of downsides.... Well... Anyways.. I think instead of somekind of message forwarder.. why not create a plugin for BotDK..
Case:
Your MSN at home is logged in, and running with BotDK and the "forwarder" plugin for BotDK... you are at work logged in at your work account... When you want to know if somebody has written to you.. You simply open a conversation with your home account running the Bot.. And type in some kind of login commando or something.. And from there it sends you a "menu" sort of message.. Telling who'm has been messaging you.. and you can send a message back like "read xxxxx@xxxx.com".. and it will send the entire history/conversation the person has written.. To your work account... From there you will be able to type eg: "reply xxxx@xxxx.com i'm not home, i'm at work.. Call you at 5 pm".. etc... I think this would be a really good and usefull plugin/bot.. This would solve many problems... Though it will not solve the problem that other people can read the convo's that they are really not inteded to... Eg: I give out the login info to one of my friends.. and he just types to my bot.. then he have free access to read what I write with others.... Well...
Maybe to prevent "bad use".. You could just insert a "Your messages have now been forwarded" to the contacts when you are accessing the bot for the history... Or something similiar... Well.. The problem at my side is that I am not really hooked in VB.net yet.. So I haven't looked into BotDK yet... But it shouldn't be that difficult to make this sort of thing.. :D...
07-08-2005 02:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
maybe as an alternative way...

If you set-up an apache server and make the root directory the MSN Chat Logs, then at work you can simply type in your IP address and browse through all your chat logs, if someone sends a message, it will get logged in the chat log, and so you can read it.

I think that would be a better solution then potentially receiving hundreds of e-mails at one time.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
07-10-2005 09:02 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: