What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Msn today

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Msn today
Author: Message:
Goshi

I'm french

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Msn today
I had tested london and glasgow and didn't work.....maybe it needs to have this passport's informations since a few days or months :(...I will create a new acount in msn.co.uk:)

Thanks a lot everybody, topic closed :p
02-26-2005 06:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Msn today
It also seems that MSN Today isn't updated ONLY based on location. I have mutiple passports and only some of them have been updated to the new MSN Today.
02-26-2005 09:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Goshi

I'm french

39 / Male / –
And can you give me the url of the new msn today ? Look at your internet explorer's history please :)
02-26-2005 10:32 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
It doesn't matter what the url is. It asks you to login to *your* passport, and then loads the appropriate MSN Today. Regardless of the url you use. As such, if your passport's MSN Today hasn't been updated, then the only way you'll see the new MSN Today is by waiting or using someone elses passport details (who have had their passport's MSN Today updated).

Edit: Disregard what I said above, I seem to have found a way around it.

The updated version of MSN Today is located on a different sub-domain name. Rather than msntoday.msn... it's now located at t.msn...

Here's the direct url: http://t.msn.com/en-us/default.aspx

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 10:58 PM by EvilSeph.
02-26-2005 10:43 PM
Antz

33 / Male / Flag
Unfortunately, my one comes up as Glasgow instead of my home city. Anyone know why?
[Image: Antz.jpg]
02-26-2005 11:16 PM
Goshi

I'm french

39 / Male / –
THANKS a lot, it works in french :p. Very very very good, I love you :p. I can made tabs for french people with the new msn today now :)
02-26-2005 11:18 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Antz
Unfortunately, my one comes up as Glasgow instead of my home city. Anyone know why?

The things MSN Today report are based on your porfile settings. If your profile says you are from Glasgow, then you are from Glasgow...however, that just seems pointless to say, as I guess you'd have setup your profile correctly... but check it out anyway and reply. I'm interested in how it gets it's information but I'd assume from the profile.

quote:
Originally posted by Goshi
THANKS a lot, it works in french :p. Very very very good, I love you :p. I can made tabs for french people with the new msn today now :)

What do you mean by that? You can easily change the language of MSN Today by changing the language in your profile. Or in this case, if you are going through the url, change "en" to "fr".

One thing I did notice however, is that if the "/language-location/" (eg. "/en-ca/") is different from that in my profile, certain elements fail to show up. Like the weather element.

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 11:31 PM by EvilSeph.
02-26-2005 11:29 PM
Goshi

I'm french

39 / Male / –
quote:
What do you mean by that? You can easily change the language of MSN Today by changing the language in your profile
I know, but I wanted to add this new msn today in my tabs' configuration for msncreative (you have your name in my news :p). French people who wants the new msn today can do it now with my patch :)
02-26-2005 11:40 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Ah, ic. So instead of users waiting for their account to be updated, you allow them to force the update with a patch :)?
02-26-2005 11:47 PM
Goshi

I'm french

39 / Male / –
Exactly :)
02-26-2005 11:50 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode