What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Nice Software - But Why Spyware ?

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Nice Software - But Why Spyware ?
Author: Message:
vb_packets

38 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Nice Software - But Why Spyware ?
:( There are many many companys out there who like to pay programmers each month to add spyware to their programs but why has this got to happen with msg plus. I know you can try uninstal lthe bundled software but it dont always work and i have had to format lots of times due to this "socal bundled software" companys who want companys like msgplus to add their spyware to their programs is silly! and i think people who make this bundled software should be sewed to hell!. I like Msg Plus alot but i wish you can offer a Spyware Free Installer on the next release (Y)
02-26-2005 01:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ?
quote:
Originally posted by vb_packets
:( There are many many companys out there who like to pay programmers each month to add spyware to their programs but why has this got to happen with msg plus. I know you can try uninstal lthe bundled software but it dont always work and i have had to format lots of times due to this "socal bundled software" companys who want companys like msgplus to add their spyware to their programs is silly! and i think people who make this bundled software should be sewed to hell!. I like Msg Plus alot but i wish you can offer a Spyware Free Installer on the next release (Y)

you have an option not to install the sponsor

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 01:23 AM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

02-26-2005 01:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
quote:

And it's not spyware, it's adware -- there's a BIG difference, and like Joanna said, you have the option to REFUSE to install the sponsor - it will still install MsgPlus! :)

Also, please check this link for instructions on how to uninstall the sponsor:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 01:25 AM by Ahmad.
02-26-2005 01:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vb_packets

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ?
i did refuse but it installed it anyway. It is called DLL Injection and its used alot for programs like Msg Plus and YTunnelPro
02-26-2005 01:26 AM
juanfrank11

I killed a cat

quote:
i did refuse but it installed it anyway. It is called DLL Injection and its used alot for programs like Msg Plus and YTunnelPro
I really dont think that DLL is from the sponsor :/
:chrongue:
02-26-2005 01:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
More so, MsgPlus! is not a company. Messenger Plus! is the product of a single man, who we call Patchou. (Y) He had quit his job to work full-time on MsgPlus! and in order to not starve, he added a nice sponsor (which does not harm in any way your computer).

To remove the sponsor, try the instructions in the link you were given. There is no way it was installed if you refused. Make sure you're not confusing the adware with any other sponsor of another program.

Try installing MsgPlus! 3.40.0112 BETA, as some bits of the sponsor have been improved, and might be able to help you. (Y)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

02-26-2005 01:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vb_packets

38 / Male / –
Well when i managed to get a clean install on there i run Microsoft Anti Spyware and it wanted me to remove it from the system! so yea seems i have to install it again and find out why! I myself do not like Adaware/Spyware sponsors and i would not add their Software to my installs even if they offered me 1 Million Dollars. I just cant understand why this software is being removed by Microsoft Anti Spyware it seemed it wanted to open allot of connections before and after install also!!!
02-26-2005 01:47 AM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
Microsoft Anti-Spyware only tells you that there is Adware in the installation file. It doesn't say that it has been installed on your system.
02-26-2005 01:51 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vb_packets

38 / Male / –
this is after the installation when MSN is running!!!!!!
02-26-2005 01:57 AM
Edna Mode

– / Other / –
look, heres the deal, there is no spyware in messenger plus and like everybody said, it is optional adware,  and even if virus detectors pick it up its not true, i know my virus detector goes of with lop.com when i install the sponsor but thats only because its adware, there is nothing dangerous about messenger plus

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 02:03 AM by Edna Mode.
[Image: Edna%20Mode.png ]
02-26-2005 02:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: