What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Nice Software - But Why Spyware ?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Nice Software - But Why Spyware ?
Author: Message:
XM4ST3RX

DJ Scoop!

37 / Male / –
RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ?
Hi,

vb_packets... i'd just like to say that from my experience and knowledge, it is IMPOSSIBLE for your computer to be infected by SpyWare from Messenger Plus! if you REFUSE to support messenger plus and not install the sponsor.

The ONLY other way that you could have installed spyware/adware along with Messenger Plus!, even when refusing to support and not install sponsor... is if you have download Messenger Plus! from an unofficial location and that version of Plus! has been edited to install spyware/adware.

If the reason why you are getting spyware/adware along with Plus!, is because some third party user( s ) have edited Plus! to install spyware/adware no matter the input, then i have sympathy for you and for any other user who has experienced the same situation.

My question to those sad, pathetic user ( s ) is why? yes, maybe the answer to that is quick money. But why not earn well deserved money by creating your own piece of software which will be respected by hundreds if not thousands of users, just like Patchou. Patchou has spent thousands of hard-working hours into Messenger Plus! and a darn good job of it he has made, but low-lives like you are making those programs created by dedicated developers look worse than they deserve to be. Get a life!

Anyway's, sorry.. i'll stop yapping on :P

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

p.s. if any of this did not make any sense, im sorry :P. Another typical friday night :P (B)(B)(B)
02-26-2005 02:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vb_packets

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ?
i have a life thanks. bye and my software i would sell it and not use these sponsored programs peace im out!!!!!!! bye kids. good day

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 03:03 AM by vb_packets.
02-26-2005 02:55 AM
Edna Mode

– / Other / –
did he just call plus! illegal:@
[Image: Edna%20Mode.png ]
02-26-2005 03:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
I think someone misunderstood something. :s Edit: or maybe that was just me.

But well, if we're going to turn into little kids, then forget it. 8-)

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 03:05 AM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

02-26-2005 03:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vb_packets

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Nice Software - But Why Spyware ?
you people on this forum are so nasty - bye - i was hoping to come to a forum where u all dident cuss and cry! but u all seem to hate on everyone who signs up to the forum! byeeee
02-26-2005 03:05 AM
Edna Mode

– / Other / –
were all nice, were just trying to tell you that plus! is no threat and perfectly safe

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 03:08 AM by Edna Mode.
[Image: Edna%20Mode.png ]
02-26-2005 03:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vb_packets
you people on this forum are so nasty - bye - i was hoping to come to a forum where u all dident cuss and cry! but u all seem to hate on everyone who signs up to the forum! byeeee
:s Who got you that idea?

Each person here has their own opinions on these forums, but I've seen everyone give you all the info to help you out with your problem. I don't know if you did as we told you, that part is up to you. (Y)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

02-26-2005 03:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jtstone1983

Want a Sandwhich?

40 / Male / –
Not to sound rude or anything but I've seen alot of this lately...it doesn't matter what anybody says they'll just assume what they want to and ignore the facts :@---Patchou is a great guy--I've had his software since it's been first introduced :)

I think I should post the same one I did earlier about Microsoft's Anti Spyware, It'll make more sense....If I hadn't deleted the post, this person would've read it, probably wouldn't have even posted this....PEOPLE DON'T LISTEN that's the problem. And it's probably been repeated several thousand time on this post alone, and on the mess.be forum as well.

It's just click---click---click...and bam! they accidentally install the sponsor software and then complain about it.

and 1 other thing....IF YOU USE MICROSOFT'S ANTISPYWARE, it will detect Plus as a Spyware Bundler it doesn't mean that it installed the sponsor software if you REFUSED to install it.....to some of you who saw my post earlier before I deleted it, Anti-Spyware programs will detect 87 processes even though you didn't install the sponsor programs, I've got it installed and there hasn't been any troubles since then.

.bmp File Attachment: plus.bmp (87.22 KB)
This file has been downloaded 173 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 03:35 AM by jtstone1983.
02-26-2005 03:33 AM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
Finaly some one explains the microsoft spyware crap, just install a new spyware scanner and I'll bet that msgplus will not be found as spyware with anyother program.
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
02-26-2005 04:25 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: