What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » URGENT: Computer messed.....

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
URGENT: Computer messed.....
Author: Message:
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  URGENT: Computer messed.....
I have windows xp pro. I had no problems. I unplugged the energy to the computer...replugged it...then I couldnt play my game...then it was slow as hell...then it would jam and I wouldnt be able to use my mouse. I made a new account cause it was only one account...it did it there...did that again...did it again. I re-installed windows....and it wouldnt read the cd at the start so I needed to do that while windows was running...it didnt have an option to re-format c so it left ALL my files. now its the same thing.......what do I do???? :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
03-02-2005 02:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: URGENT: Computer messed.....
whats the power supply like on the PC? a power supply if faulty can play havoc with the PC. , by reinstalling Windows its prolly Corrupted the whole windows install, 
03-02-2005 02:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: URGENT: Computer messed.....
its fine. its not the power. its the windows. it literlly messed up EVERYTHING except msn messenger...which got messed up in the windows reinstall
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
03-02-2005 02:54 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
when you reinstalled Windows, it woulda created another Dir, instead of having C:/Windows you'll have C:/Windows/blah blah/  my advice would be to format the whole HDD, i dont think a System restore will fix this, all you can do is, really take the HDD out an get someone to format the whole HDD an reinstall a fresh WindblozeXP on the HDD an reconnect it to the PC,

Have a look in your BIOS, refer to your BIOS manual for the correct settings,

This post was edited on 03-02-2005 at 02:59 AM by Hank.
03-02-2005 02:58 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
i agree with Demz,

i would go for a complete reinstallation, -from the six windows xp boot disks.. this should allow you to format all the drives.

Edit: try this, it should work.. but if it doesnt than you must do like Demz said above, take out u'r hd and get somebody to format it for you

This post was edited on 03-02-2005 at 03:06 AM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-02-2005 03:02 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
first: I dont have a bios manual because I got my computer made by some dude who didnt give me anything....Im going to fix that when he answers his phone. second: it formatted the c://windows file and put a new one at that location. third: Im 13 only so taking out that hard drive...Id rather not my dad would kill me fourth: the guy gave me only an iligal windows zp pro cd...complete but iligal (refer to "first") so I dont have boot disks. Before this I reinstalled windows because it was corrupted...all I had to do was stick the cd into the drive, reboot, and the ms dos thing BEFORE the windows started would "boot from cd" now it doesnt say that.... Id like to fix that because in THAT installation I CAN format the c drive....since Im not on it at the time.

EDIT: but for the idae of taking it out...my uncle could do it for me:P but if theres a way for me to be able to format plz tell me....and that guy better answer:@

This post was edited on 03-02-2005 at 03:17 AM by Lou.
Messenger Stuff Forums
03-02-2005 03:15 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
you can get boot disks from the official site though, just download them onto floppys

just click here

This post was edited on 03-02-2005 at 03:26 AM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-02-2005 03:24 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
u know the site?
Messenger Stuff Forums
03-02-2005 03:25 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
by installing a illegal burnt copy you always run the risk of files that windows Needs to run properly wont work,,

Secondly, if you say you reinstalled WindowsXP from this illegal copy. you wouldnt have formatted the HDD completly, unless when you reinstalled Windows you had a second Activation Crack? coz after you use the first activation it wont be activated again, after that, , what i shoulda said, an i'd check if you can to see how many Drives you have on windows. you may have ended up with 2 the Main one which is C:/Windows an C:/Windows/Blah blah/ .  you can get into your BIOS an it should say there who the mnanufacurer is, ,, go to there website an look at the online manual

windows XP boot disk can be downloaded from ,, is Microsoft download site,

This post was edited on 03-02-2005 at 03:26 AM by Hank.
03-02-2005 03:25 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
nope...all the files are on the copy.....got it checked by a proffesional family member....  he works nights so thats why I cant ask him right now.... usually if I run the windows cd from before windows starts I have the option of reformatting...I cant do that it doesnt boot from cd...
Messenger Stuff Forums
03-02-2005 03:27 AM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: