What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Why Have You Sold-out?

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Why Have You Sold-out?
Author: Message:
nimd4

47 / – / –
O.P. Undecided  Why Have You Sold-out?
".. The one and only exception is the removal of the "hide banner" option (MSN Messenger 7 only). As it was already said on the forum, I felt this option had not its place anymore with the new Messenger version as Microsoft obviously intends to generate some money with their software now. .."

ok man i understand that you will be a corporate businessman one day, but please, just hint it at least that this is not how things are, since you're the one who puts '1337' in the options; i mean get a spokes-person to make the statement for you because telling us yourself that you have sold-out is not such a great thing.  did they pay you? did they threaten you? warn you? no i didn't spoof my ip address to post this. it should be in the public domain i think. also my question. and do people want to know why really? must everyone lie nowadays? i mean is it the only way to get your way through deceit? that's gotta suck, right? regards to the awesome piece of engeneering, can't spell.

ps. late response is better then no response, but you go ahaid and delete this if you feel it's the right thing to do and the rest of you, go ahaid and suck up and make the thread dissapear because it's something that you don't like to read.

i mean if i'm wrong then i'm wrong and i will apologise, but i don't think so :/
03-14-2005 08:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Why Have You Sold-out?
Patchou has not sold out,, what gives you the idea he has?.. good way to start rumours is threads like this
03-14-2005 08:11 AM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
More information regarding this matter can be found at 'MSN advertisement banner' removal, perhaps you'd be interested in reading that.
03-14-2005 08:12 AM
nimd4

47 / – / –
O.P. RE: Why Have You Sold-out?
Holy Cow, well please add a "RETARD" next to my user name from now on, and thank you for your prompt reply :)

(Never post without having a coffee first in the morning heh)
03-14-2005 08:19 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'm really starting to wonder why most people who complain about this option being gone associate the idea of me being paid by Microsoftto remove the option.. do you really think that if Microsoft did want me to remove the option they would have offered money? the only thing they would need is to send an me an email saying "please remove option X".

Keep in mind that Messenger Plus!exists thanks to MSN Messenger itself. I have no serious relation with the MSN Messenger development team,however, it is in everyone's best interest that I keep a friendly relationship with Microsoft. There's no point in fighting and I removed the banner option just to be a little bit proactive. If you want it back, use StuffPlug :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-15-2005 03:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
or A-Patch :cheesy:
03-15-2005 04:29 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
geez, lay off patchou, he did what he did for a reason, and even if you don't understand it, is it really that hard to find a patch, or a plugin
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6656 days, 16 hours, 4 minutes, 15 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
03-15-2005 07:24 AM
s7a5
Veteran Member

I think Patchou did a right thing by removing the ad removal option for the reasons he listed above, however one thing I don't understand is that why Microsoft thinks that if someone who is willing to remove ad banners from MSN Messneger would click on those ads after this option from Plus is removed?
I, for example, hate all those ads and never click on them, it takes 1 minute of my time everyday to empty my junk folder. (I'm not trying to stereotype (a) )
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that MS is giving out email adresses to some spammers and at the same time they seem to fight spam back.

This post was edited on 03-15-2005 at 08:18 AM by s7a5.
03-15-2005 08:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Viper6

Sorry but I tend to agree with the original poster...

I mean the ONLY reason I got MsgPlus! about 18 months ago was because it removed the advertisement banner. Thats what made MsgPlus! famous for. Yes there are other useful features today but that is the sole reason I got it back in the day.

And if Microsoft has not even asked you to remove it then WTF is your problem? Obviously they don't have a problem with it, or they are too big and making too much money to care...

It would be different if they were threatening you with legal action or something but seriously please reconsider putting it back
03-15-2005 02:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
* Eljay hugs Norton Ad Blocker :)
03-15-2005 02:47 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »