What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » webcam and messenger 7

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
webcam and messenger 7
Author: Message:
wacky

Chromo :wink:

– / – / Flag
O.P. webcam and messenger 7
hrmf.. hopefully this will be my last question :mipdodgy:

I searched for a little and couldnt find anything about this so not sure if there is already a thread. I hope not :-/

But yeah.. when I use my webcam with msn messenger 6.2, it works fine and all but when I use 7, it freezes about a minute after I opened it. It did this when I got 7 a while ago so I went back to 6.2 and I wanted to give it a try again but it still gives me that bug.. well not even sure if its really a bug. I know I dont have the greatest computer but would it be my computer that causes this? Cuz using 7 lags a little :-/ Or is it something else? *-) Cus others can use their cam fine even with 7..

This post was edited on 03-21-2005 at 11:11 PM by wacky.
03-21-2005 11:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: webcam and messenger 7
i had this problem, i started webcams, and after like 10 seconds they would close.....if i then logged into 6.2 they would work fine.... im not sure what caused it though:S sorry..

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-21-2005 11:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

35 / Male / –
How fast is your connection, I have ADSL at 512k and it doesn't freeze with me...?
03-21-2005 11:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wacky

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: webcam and messenger 7
256k.. dont think its my connection really. Works fine for others that have the same or even less :-/
03-22-2005 12:04 AM
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

35 / Male / –
Have a firewall?
03-22-2005 12:05 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
the only problem i ever had was that msn beta didn't want to recognize that i have a webcam :undecided:

but here is some stuff that might help u hopefully...

try to see if there are any driver updates for your webcam. go to the official site and check there..

if you have windows XP -> you have service pack 2 right? ..also get the newest directx
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...197&displaylang=en

something stupid but meh - try to install the webcam again after you already instal msn 7 onto u'r computer. :S
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-22-2005 12:16 AM
phy

38 / Female / –
Umm that happens to me too but I'm using 6.2. I tried re-installing 7.0 because that's what I was using originally but it just freezes the minute i open up a conversation. And with 6.2, I can't transfer any files or anything - again it just freezes :S
03-22-2005 12:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
wacky

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: webcam and messenger 7
quote:
Originally posted by jren207
Have a firewall?
no..
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
the only problem i ever had was that msn beta didn't want to recognize that i have a webcam :undecided:

but here is some stuff that might help u hopefully...

try to see if there are any driver updates for your webcam. go to the official site and check there..

if you have windows XP -> you have service pack 2 right? ..also get the newest directx
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...197&displaylang=en

something stupid but meh - try to install the webcam again after you already instal msn 7 onto u'r computer. :S
I dont have XP and I dont believe its to do with my cam it just uses a usb port and I dont use any program to make it run with messenger
03-22-2005 01:37 AM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
When i see other people's cams and they shut it off.. my msn crashes and i have to CTRL + ALT + Del to close it off :(
03-22-2005 03:06 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wacky
hrmf.. hopefully this will be my last question :mipdodgy:

I searched for a little and couldnt find anything about this so not sure if there is already a thread. I hope not :-/

But yeah.. when I use my webcam with msn messenger 6.2, it works fine and all but when I use 7, it freezes about a minute after I opened it. It did this when I got 7 a while ago so I went back to 6.2 and I wanted to give it a try again but it still gives me that bug.. well not even sure if its really a bug. I know I dont have the greatest computer but would it be my computer that causes this? Cuz using 7 lags a little :-/ Or is it something else? *-) Cus others can use their cam fine even with 7..

Got the same problem with Msn 7.0 & +  .. I really don't know what the problem is though, if you find out, dont be shy to send me a pm ;-)
03-22-2005 03:13 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: