What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » EULA - Plus! is maturing

EULA - Plus! is maturing
Author: Message:
Shaggie

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Grin  EULA - Plus! is maturing
This is NOT about the sponsor.  This is about the fact that I believe that Messenger Plus! has become a mature product.

I was reading several posts about the sponsor recently and had a thought.  Someone has said that most software packages out there contain a License Agreement.
I have not noticed anything in the installation about an End User License Agreement (EULA).  I was thinking that it would be a good idea to include one in the install now.  I would suggest it say something about not reverse engineering Plus! and that you cannot be blamed for system problems that this may cause.  You know the standard stuff.
As a side thought, having an EULA in the install could cause people to actually pay attention to the sponsor msg.  Even if it didn't I still think that Messenger Plus! is mature enough to deserve an EULA.

Shaggie

P.S.  Please do not post about the sponsor in this thread.  Thank You.
03-24-2005 03:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: EULA - Plus! is maturing
Ok i agree with that, but people will allways come here asking for help with the sponsor and blaiming patchou that it's malware bla bla bla...that way patchou would be protected be EULA even if nobody gives a shit...I agree but there will allways be problems with the sponsor and stuff...
03-24-2005 03:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Shaggie

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: EULA - Plus! is maturing
Yes Calvin, I do that too, most of the time.  However, having one simply is good protection, and it also implies that the program is important to the developer and it was not just thrown together.  We all know that Patchou laboured over this program for months and years, so we know he did not throw it together, but this just makes it look even more professional. IMHO

Shaggie
03-24-2005 03:22 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
But patch doesnt need that, he has a sponsor agreement wich is about enough to shut up anybody...
03-24-2005 03:59 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Whether or not Patchou includes an EULA is not going to change the fact that people are click happy and will agree like they always do to both. It will be the same result as before. "i instld Messenger Plus and my compuder is scrued". It is not going to make a different or change the fact that are stupid and do not read.
03-24-2005 04:03 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Whether or not Patchou includes an EULA is not going to change the fact that people are click happy and will agree like they always do to both. It will be the same result as before. "i instld Messenger Plus and my compuder is scrued". It is not going to make a different or change the fact that are stupid and do not read.

Yeah, Matty, but that may cause several legal problems to Patchou if an error causes the loss of valuable information. It shouldn't and there is no point in believing it would ever, but things can get tricky.
I'm with creating an EULA for Messenger Plus! not to defend the community from n00bish posts, but to protect Patchou's work and efforts.
03-24-2005 04:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
I think everyone accepts that but the protection for Patchou is the main goal from a EULA as far as I can see.
03-24-2005 04:07 PM
Idium

MPSounds.net

41 / Male / –
most definatly a EULA is good for protection of software producers, and i think Plus! should have one.
Proud Member of the Linkin Park Underground Join the LPU

MP!L & WLM = go together like WKD and beer

[Image: userbar397951ze.gif]
03-25-2005 03:27 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: