What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » PSP Or Ipod?

Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
PSP Or Ipod?
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: PSP Or Ipod?
buy a psp, an and buy a 256 mb mps player...i have a 128mb player and never listen to all the songs.... u dont need the memory ipods have imo...a psp would be a lot better (Y)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-25-2005 08:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: PSP Or Ipod?
quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
Ask for both ! (Y) :P

My parents are nice, i gotta admit that paying u about 450$ for a piece of eletronic for ur bday is rlly nice, but.. let's nt push it :P ( i tried it already, they said 1 :( )
03-25-2005 08:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Odium696

Just... Me...

37 / Male / –
If you have the money to buy a 1GB or so Memory Stick Duo then get the PSP if not... Well you can forget about listening Music in a PSP,

Because you need the memory to save those game saves, and there will not be enough space for music, unless you are ok with hearing the same 15 mp3 over and over again!

Its 15 - 25 mp3 in the PSP against the 7,000+ in the Ipod.... :s
03-25-2005 10:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Odium696
15 - 25 mp3
it's at most 8-12 songs with 30mb free in the memory stick that is included.

If you don't care about having your whole music library on the go, and if you don't care about the larger size and weight of the PSP vs. the smaller and thinner mp3 players (iPod, iPod mini, zen micro), and if you have a spare 512mb Memory Stick Duo that you won't need for your camera (i.e., you will be able to use it with the PSP) then go for the PSP.

If you don't care much about games then get the iPod; you'll get  about 625 times the storage that comes with the PSP and a portable hard drive. Movies in the PSP are not that great... you have to buy movies in UMD which are not a lot cheaper than retail DVDs, and not many titles will be released.

(That's my opinion, of course)
03-25-2005 10:27 PM
Odium696

Just... Me...

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: PSP Or Ipod?
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
quote:
15 - 25 mp3
Movies in the PSP are not that great... you have to buy movies in UMD which are not a lot cheaper than retail DVDs, and not many titles will be released.

You are 100% right, and also why spend $13 or more on an UND movie when you can also get the movie en DVD for about the same price and get all the special features and that can be played in all the dvd's!

UMD movies can only be played on the PSP
DVD movies every DVD players, Laptops

So I don't think that the capabilities of viewing Movies should be an important spec that decides if you get the PSP or the Ipod!

This post was edited on 03-25-2005 at 10:38 PM by Odium696.
03-25-2005 10:35 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
15 - 25 mp3
it's at most 8-12 songs with 30mb free in the memory stick that is included.

If you don't care about having your whole music library on the go, and if you don't care about the larger size and weight of the PSP vs. the smaller and thinner mp3 players (iPod, iPod mini, zen micro), and if you have a spare 512mb Memory Stick Duo that you won't need for your camera (i.e., you will be able to use it with the PSP) then go for the PSP.

If you don't care much about games then get the iPod; you'll get  about 625 times the storage that comes with the PSP and a portable hard drive. Movies in the PSP are not that great... you have to buy movies in UMD which are not a lot cheaper than retail DVDs, and not many titles will be released.

Don't know anymore.. :(

The best thing would be a portable media centre.. but those thing cost like 700$ !! :| cant afford that.. :(
03-25-2005 10:39 PM
Odium696

Just... Me...

37 / Male / –
Yo also have to remember the batery life of the PSP cannot be compared with the life of the IPOD!!!
03-25-2005 10:43 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Yo also have to remember the batery life of the PSP cannot be compared with the life of the IPOD!!!

good point, didn't think of that, what's up with the batteries? you have any infos??
03-25-2005 10:55 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
Because in the iPod you play music and have a b/w screen, in the PSP you have a huge widescreen playing games at like 60fps with a bright light behind it. If you play music with the PSP and the screen off, the battery life won't be as that in the iPod but at least closer.
03-26-2005 12:50 AM
Odium696

Just... Me...

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: PSP Or Ipod?
quote:
If you play music with the PSP and the screen off, the battery life won't be as that in the iPod but at least closer.

Thats right, but you have to remember that you have to turn on the screen from time to time, and that unless you are buying the PSP just to listen to music you are going to play some video games and that will drain the battery life!

I heard that in some games the battery lasted only for about 3 hours...
03-26-2005 01:31 AM
Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: