What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Undelivered messages

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Undelivered messages
Author: Message:
Mike...

43 / Male / –
O.P. Undelivered messages
For days now some messages in MSN Messenger aren't being delivered. They show up on the screen as any other messages. No error messages are displayed, yet the contact never receives them. You then get situations like "why don't you respond", "answer the damn question", etc... ;D It happens that I don't receive a message or that a message I send doesn't reach its destination.

This is happening more frequently the last couple of days and it's getting annoying.

My contact and I both installed Plus 3.50 recently, but I don't think it's causing these problems. She seems to have two entries for MSN Messenger in her Add/Remove Programs list. Maybe that's a problem. She'll do a fresh install of everything soon.

We're both using 6.2 something. I should add that I'm not experiencing any problems with other contacts.

Any idea what's behind this? I really like to know what is causing this. Thanks.

:)
03-26-2005 12:44 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Undelivered messages
Check firewalls on both computers...i think there was a similar thread a few days ago... i'll see if i can dig out the link :)

This post was edited on 03-26-2005 at 12:50 AM by mwe99.
03-26-2005 12:45 AM
Mike...

43 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Undelivered messages
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Check firewalls on both computers... there was a similar thread a few days ago... i'll see if i can dig out the link :)

I looked around a bit, but didn't immediately see anything. :$ There hasn't been any change in that department though. Same firewalls as before. And never any problems. Odd. :S
03-26-2005 12:48 AM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Ask her to get rid of the second MSN Messenger in her add/remove as it could be causing interferance :)
03-26-2005 12:51 AM
Mike...

43 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Undelivered messages
Yeah, that's definitely the first thing that we'll try now. I'll be sure to post back with the findings. I hope that solves the problem. :D
03-26-2005 12:53 AM
Caboose

35 / Male / –
I've been having this problem for a while too. It's since gone away though... :S
03-26-2005 01:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mike...

43 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Undelivered messages
You wouldn't happen to have some more details, would you? ;) Like, was there anything you installed, uninstalled, anything... that could have caused it or could have made it go away. :D
03-26-2005 01:24 AM
phy

38 / Female / –
I was having that problem too and somebody told me that if the log file for a particular person gets too big, msn starts being stupid and doesn't deliver all messages. I talk to this person for hours like everday so my log gets BIG and I just move it to another folder or delete it and start a new log. That solved the problem for me. Try it *-)

This post was edited on 03-26-2005 at 01:42 AM by phy.
03-26-2005 01:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Caboose

35 / Male / –
I didn't do anything special. No installations, no uninstallations, and the logfiles are as big as ever. It just stopped doing that all of a sudden. I was thinking it was my internet connection, but I dunno... :S
03-26-2005 03:13 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
check the firewalls, also make sure the connection are both well working.. when i get these problems is mostly when my sis is using a  wireless phone near my router, fucking up all the signals.. so ye make sure when you getting this that your internet browser is sil working at a 100%, if it's not, then its ur connection, not ur msn :)
03-26-2005 05:15 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: