What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Adware and Spyware

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Adware and Spyware
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Adware and Spyware
Spyware Can collect passwords and cedit card details.

These aren't very common at all and usually do not actually cause any harm, I've come across various internet explorer toolbars with key loggers built into them, these are very sneaky bastards and like to lurk underneath your start bar :|

Yet as i say they are extremely rare and i doubt you'll ever get one
03-29-2005 05:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
It's so tempting to post that "WOW Old news is so exciting" but... I won't because he's trying to help people.

Bacily to sum it up adware and spyware "Spys" on you. There programs that are made by large company’s set out to spy on what you do on your computer. Then they pump either ads or more spyware into your computer based on the actions they have recorded you doing on your computer. Spyware is a pain in the butt because it slows your computer down and will crash your computer if the computer becomes to overloaded with spyware.

I do recommend running more than one spyware remover because each program does a different thing and takes out different kinds of spyware. For example I use Microsoft Anti-Spyware, PestPatrol and Spyhunter.

PestPatrol finds the files that could be possible spyware and also find a huge variety of spying programs such as, trojans, adware, malware, spyware, and so on. It also blocks spyware cookies.

Microsoft Anti-Spyware protects you from incoming spyware programs. It will block spyware from coming in and changing options in your computer. It’s also a nice and easy program to use and scan your computer with.

SpyHunter is for the deep down spyware that likes to hide in the tiny holes in your computer.

With these three my computer stays spyware free.
[Image: top.gif]
03-29-2005 09:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Spyware Can collect passwords and cedit card details.

No, then it would be a virus/trojan.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
03-29-2005 09:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: