What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » What makes you want to come back to the forums?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
What makes you want to come back to the forums?
Author: Message:
Lilo

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums?
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
you like to help others?
Yeah, but nowadays there are so many other people here that can help, I don't get the chance very often. And I like to take my time writing posts, so someone else usually replies before me...

yeah, i like to be able to help people, but just like WDZ i'm often too late (also because of the :dodgy: time zones and everything.. ;))

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
is it cuz of the community? have you made friends here?
after a while i discovered the other forum sections than help (gcc for example), and the shoutbox, and i like talking to people here about all kinds of things :P
03-30-2005 08:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums?
I first came here because I had found some errors in the Dutch translation of Messenger Plus! and wanted it to be corrected (as I found Plus! an exceptional excellent add on for MSN Messenger).

And since I was registered anyways, I looked around and started to answer some general questions in GCC. But the questions never stopped :p, and as I like to help out, I was deeper and deeper sucked in to the community and spend more and more time on the forums and became addicted to this place.

I'm here because of the tight MSN community, and the special thing/bond that is going on between people here on this forum and on the other MSN communities. The knowledge level of this community (not only Plus!, but also mess.be and msnfanatic) is extremely high compared to other computer related forums. I find that 12-15 years olds on these communities know often more and are more mature then the avarage 20 year old on other communities...

So... in short, I'm here because I'm addicted to the community and because I want to support Plus!. As Sunshine said, it makes you feel like coming home a bit (but sometimes I want to take a holiday though :p).

This post was edited on 03-30-2005 at 11:27 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-30-2005 11:24 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
Heh everyones cool here , I come back time after time because 1) i like to help people (sometimes....). and 2) :P well I couldnt think of a two so blah but im sure there is a good reason...... like wdz is really using some form of brainwashing on us to keep us here....
* -dt- hides from wdz because he's said too much already....
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-30-2005 11:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user35870
Disabled Account

Well I first came here because I had some problems with msn messenger being slow with Messenger Plus!, and since then I have came back to the forums because  the  help I got from the members over a couple of computer problems and if I can help out abit. :)
03-30-2005 11:30 AM
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
i come here for the great community and i like to help people(when i can)
03-30-2005 01:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Naruto

Naruto, only the best series ever!!!

32 / Male / –
to participate in threads like this one I suppose

[Image: naruto-sig.jpg]
03-30-2005 01:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
Because, being a Super Moderator, it's my responsibility to pay a daily visit to the forums and to see everything is running fine :) (I hope I don't sound an admin... :P)

Well, before I became Elite Member and SuperMod, I regularly visited and posted because:
  1. I found Plus! a good software, and I was absoultely willing to help people with it.
  2. I found the forums to be a good place to improve my English...:P
  3. I make friends here. Or at least I did.
  4. Being a plug-in developer and Plus! translator, I need to check back to see if there is any feedback ;).

And oh, by the way, when I have "personal issues" and post about them here, I always get nice replies.

And I come here because Sunshine would slap my ISP to make my internet connection better :p.

This post was edited on 03-30-2005 at 02:58 PM by Mnjul.
03-30-2005 02:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
As Sunshine said, it makes you feel like coming home a bit (but sometimes I want to take a holiday though :p).
Yep it's like home, and you can always rely on us to give you a warm welcome home after you do go on "holidays" ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
And I come here because Sunshine would slap my ISP to make my internet connection better :p.
Damn right i would :P

This post was edited on 03-30-2005 at 06:47 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-30-2005 02:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Asfor me:
1. I like to help out.
2. I made many friends onhere...good peeps in this community, feels like family.
3. The amount of respect and acceptance, that makes me feel even more welcome and at home. Women seldom get accepted let alone seen as equal in the computerbiz.

As above plus......

* Vazza feels a tug on her chain again.... Aye alright I'm getting to you lot.....

1) I'm kept on a rather short chain by some of the forum members
2) I'm the only active Scot here (I think) and someones got to keep the side up, no?
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7279 days, 7 hours, 1 minute, 7 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
03-30-2005 03:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: