What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Phoenix is ready to fly!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Phoenix is ready to fly!
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly!
[Image: attachment.php?pid=426335]

urr... Sorry, I was sort of bored... Made something quickly gathering some stuff together...

.jpg File Attachment: mainlogo.jpg (38.12 KB)
This file has been downloaded 378 time(s).
04-01-2005 08:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Hey, nice plugin you got there! :)

I just got a question. There's not auto-maximize windows, right? Can you do an option for that?

:P

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

04-01-2005 08:54 PM
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
i just download it.
seem's a pretty cool plugin!!!(Y)
04-01-2005 08:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Phoenix is ready to fly!
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
[Image: attachment.php?pid=426335]

urr... Sorry, I was sort of bored... Made something quickly gathering some stuff together...
If that's what you can do quickly, I can't wait to see what yuou can do when you spend more time on it. That's better than anything I'd have come up with.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-02-2005 11:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Phoenix by raceprouk

I personally think phoenix deserves more credit than what it has got. It is a useful plugin with many great features, my favourite are:

•    Nickname logging
•    Notifications of status change (like how plus shows when a contact has changed there name or appeared offline)
•    E-mail check (Checks your inbox for new e-mails.)

Screenshots of features below:

[Image: email3fe.jpg]

[Image: nickname5tr.jpg]

[Image: options3ux.jpg]

However, phoenix does need some new material to help itself. Generally, phoenix looks as if it is junior stuffplug (many random features) but with fewer features. The logo could do with some work, no offensive but it looks like it was done on flaming text. :S

Also when selecting options I believe it should have a better design just to make it more appealing. However, my main concern is the shortcuts to find phoenix, it drives me mad, sometimes I appear offline and to check my e-mails the phoenix way I would need to appear online, open a conversation, and enter the shortcut, making a good idea useless. You might want an icon on the contact list with options to quickly check for new e-mails and other phoenix things. ;)

Sorry if I sounded rude I generally like the plugin however, it needs better access to features and help with the design. I suggest getting someone to help you. Keep working on the plugin and it could be a huge success. Great work raceprouk. :D

I apologise if I sounded rude, it is an excellent plugin, I just want to help. :P
04-02-2005 09:03 PM
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
It sounds like a good plugin from what everyone's saying. I was just wondering, what does "automatically restore conversation windows" do?
[Image: johnsig02.png]
04-03-2005 08:23 AM
segosa
Community's Choice

I think the GUI is fine. Why does everything have to be shiny and animated these days? Sheesh.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
04-03-2005 09:32 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Phoenix is ready to fly!
quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
I think the GUI is fine. Why does everything have to be shiny and animated these days? Sheesh.

I think this plugin has great potential and, there is bearly anyone using it. The features are great, however access to some is rather annyoing but this can be easily fixed. :P

PS: From all my testing i belive this plugin is bug free. Great work :D
04-03-2005 10:50 AM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
It sounds like a good plugin from what everyone's saying. I was just wondering, what does "automatically restore conversation windows" do?

when somebody starts a conversation window with you, the window is automatically maximised
04-03-2005 11:20 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Phoenix is ready to fly!
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar

when somebody starts a conversation window with you, the window is automatically maximised
Restored, not maximised. However, the maximise option may be added to a future version.
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
However, phoenix does need some new material to help itself. Generally, phoenix looks as if it is junior stuffplug (many random features) but with fewer features. The logo could do with some work, no offensive but it looks like it was done on flaming text. :S

Also when selecting options I believe it should have a better design just to make it more appealing. However, my main concern is the shortcuts to find phoenix, it drives me mad, sometimes I appear offline and to check my e-mails the phoenix way I would need to appear online, open a conversation, and enter the shortcut, making a good idea useless. You might want an icon on the contact list with options to quickly check for new e-mails and other phoenix things. ;)
I see what you mean with the junior StuffPlug - kinda felt that way when making it.
As for the general look and feel, that will see major improvements for the next version.

And don't worry: constructive critisism (like yours) is gladly and readily welcomed.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-03-2005 03:11 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: