What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Livejournal backgrounds

Livejournal backgrounds
Author: Message:
vincerooney

O.P. Livejournal backgrounds

I have a livejournal and i hate the backgrounds and designs for it. Whenever i put pictures on the background they get weirdly squashed so i have to take them off. The designs for the journals also make me angry and bitter because they suck more than a common hooker at a local bus stop late at night.

I thought everyone on a free livejournal suffered this torment of having awful livejournal designs. But then i saw this

http://www.livejournal.com/users/gem/348983.html#cutid1

and it looks nice...much nicer than mine. and its got a picture of her as a background and links...and COLOUR. It looks presentable. But yet ive never seen the design shes got up as an available one (and trust me ive tried to find a nice design for ages)

So basically my request here is for advice on how to edit livejournal designs (change where the boxes are, add colour, move things about a bit more), adding pictures and backgrounds. And basically making things look a lot more pleasing. An idiots guide to livejournals really.

As my current one sucks http://www.livejournal.com/users/davidrooney/

So if anyone can help. It'd be appreciated....i really like writing b/s on the net without having the hassle of maintaining a website. thats why livejournal rules

04-01-2005 11:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
RE: Livejournal backgrounds
You need to setup a style override (can be done with a free account)... I cant remember how right off the top of my head but it involved setting up a CSS Class for body with a background-image in it.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
04-01-2005 11:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vincerooney

O.P. RE: Livejournal backgrounds
Hmm if anyone knows how to set up a style over ride then please tell me...andx because im a n00b a sort of step by step guide to doing so and editing it...

This post was edited on 04-02-2005 at 07:04 PM by vincerooney.
04-02-2005 12:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: