What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Tutorial: making an installer for your plugin in a few easy steps

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Tutorial: making an installer for your plugin in a few easy steps
Author: Message:
parveenjain

RE: Tutorial: making an installer for your plugin in a few easy steps
Hi Xerix,
Thanks for this tutorial.

I have one small question , how we can determine that installation was failed, aborted , sucessfull  or anything else happened to it.

I mean which event will trigeer in this case.
Hi Xerxis,
  In my inno setup program I wanted to know the "exit error codes" so that I can determine what happened to my installation.
is there any way to do it in ecript itself ?

Though I had found some exit codes , but don't know which inno function(or const) can give me these error codes? Are these error codes only available If I am using shellExecute().

Please see if it you can help as I  require it very urgently and I am in my last phase of it.

Regards,
Parveen

PS. Please let me know If you wanted to know somehting more about my problem.

08-13-2008 11:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Tutorial: making an installer for your plugin in a few easy steps
You might wanna read the help files for INNO setup. If there is a buildin function which can return it, it will be listed in the help files/pages.

------

The ShellExecute() and ShellExecuteEx() Windows APIs do not return a process' exit code! Neither ShellExecute(), nor ShellExecuteEx() can help you with this. Those APIs can't be used for this.

If you want to use a Windows API to do that you need to use the Windows API GetProcessExitCode().

For this you need to get a process handle which can be used as a parameter for GetProcessExitCode(). To get this process handle you must use the Windows API OpenProcess or CreateProcess or the likes.

For more detailed help and how exactly all those APIs are used, see the MSDN Library

This post was edited on 08-16-2008 at 11:34 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-16-2008 11:33 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: