What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Forum feature requests! + cry out to helpers! IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!

Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Forum feature requests! + cry out to helpers! IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. Forum feature requests! + cry out to helpers! IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!
Forum feature request:
Lately the number of threads in T&T and GCC has been increasing wich makes it hard to see the helprequests in latest posts (they get outnumbered).

To make this more workable for the serious helpers i would very much like the option (preferably in user cp, so we can turn it on by default) to be able to hide T&T and GCC in latest post list.

And to reduce the number of people signing up just for chitchatter, for GCC to be hidden for guests aswell, just like T&T is now.

Cry to helpers:
A few of us have been pointing out to helpers to please post as much info as possible in the first post they make in helpthreads (full info). Looks like that advice gets thrown overboard loads of times or taken the wrong way (critisism).

So a few pointers to the helpers:
- approach things as professional as possible (possibilities within MSNM and Plus! first before advising patches..patches are always last option)
- post full info (as much as you know/can find by searching...there's plenty of stickies)
- if you don't know the answer, don't post
- do not turn helpthreads into chat threads (spam)
Sure everybody has to learn, thats why the good helpers try to advice you..do not look at this at critisism and take it to heart. It's very frustrating for us if our advice gets thrown in the wind or taken wrongly.

Thank you.

Edit: the frustration about the growing number of T&T and GCC posts and the general behaviour of other helpers (not speakin of the good ones) is not only frustrating me but CookieRevised also. There are plenty of times we cba to read through all the threads anymore to see if the correct answer has been given (it can be solved in one post..really it can). As you might have noticed the time CookieRevised is onhere has decreased lots, it is due to above reasons.

Examples:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42393
Even though Absorbation tries his very best to make his posts as clear and as complete as possible, that thread wouldn't have been necessary if he would search the forums. Or atleast post in one of the many already existing threads about this, e.g: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42282

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42389
There is no link to be found in that thread at all pointing towards http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42282. This thread is the most complete/informative thread on this subject sofar (esp. because of wtbw's post)

(this post is brought to you by CookieRevised and Sunshine)

This post was edited on 04-11-2005 at 11:13 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-10-2005 10:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: Website feature requests! + cry out to helpers!
well t&t is hidden, but i do not think general chat should be..
i see no reason tbh

although i agree with the helping bit :)

This post was edited on 04-10-2005 at 10:35 AM by Stigmata.
04-10-2005 10:35 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Forum feature requests! + cry out to helpers!
I agree with you sunshine! If users can only see the help threads then people won't join just to spam :)
Segosa is newb.
04-10-2005 10:39 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

I've been helping all the time and constantly been reporting posts throughout the forum for ages ;).
04-10-2005 11:44 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
To make this more workable for the serious helpers i would very much like the option (preferably in user cp, so we can turn it on by default) to be able to hide T&T and GCC in latest post list.
In the left bottom corner, there is a link to Hide T&T. Hiding certain other forums could be a nice addition.
04-10-2005 11:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Forum feature requests! + cry out to helpers!
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
In the left bottom corner, there is a link to Hide T&T. Hiding certain other forums could be a nice addition.
I know about the hide T&T (i use it), i ment it more like add GCC to hide there aswell. Adding this option in  user cp would be even better because then you won't have to click the hide this and that every time ;)

It would be good to be able to configure what you do and what you don't wanna see in latest posts list (GCC is one i'd like to hide..for others there may be more they like to hide aswell).

This post was edited on 04-10-2005 at 12:01 PM by Sunshine.
04-10-2005 11:59 AM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
This is a good idea, and I would like to see it.

I am trying to help out more, and stop spamming, but I can't seem to find the hide T&T option..
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
04-10-2005 12:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
This is a good idea, and I would like to see it.

I am trying to help out more, and stop spamming, but I can't seem to find the hide T&T option..
Click "view latest posts", then on bottom of latest posts list (on the left) there is an option "hide T&T" (3rd option) ;)

This post was edited on 04-10-2005 at 12:44 PM by Sunshine.
04-10-2005 12:43 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Happy  RE: Forum feature requests! + cry out to helpers!
Ya i agree with sunshine ..... too many gcc threads and i can hardly see any other threads :S Mabbe its the time i spend on the forum .... the questions mabbe asked at a different time or whatever :S
A button like "Turn off ...... gcc / t&t / gcc and t&t"
That would be good ;)

And tasha just saw ur post ... click the link which sayz t&t above .... thats the actual link while the other 2 r fake ;)

This post was edited on 04-10-2005 at 12:55 PM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
04-10-2005 12:49 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Ya i agree with sunshine ..... too many gcc threads and i can hardly see any other threads :S Mabbe its the time i spend on the forum .... the questions mabbe asked at a different time or whatever :S

The problem is the actual helpthreads are forced off the first page of the latest post list pretty fast (because of the numerous T&T and GCC threads), it has nothing to do with the time you are on.
04-10-2005 12:59 PM
Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: