What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [request] Personal Message Song

[request] Personal Message Song
Author: Message:
t1a0s

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. [request] Personal Message Song
When you click on a personal message in MSN thats a song it searches it in MSN Music. I think it would be a good idea to make it search it in a downloading program instead e.g Kazaa lite. Anybody think its a gd idea?

Member since 7124 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes, 34 seconds ago.
04-10-2005 04:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: [request] Personal Message Song
i dont like this idea. it is illegal to download music unless paying for it, like napster now charges users for songs.

i doubt msgplus would incorprate something illegal such as this but someone else not concerned by laws would probably make this....

but imo, i doubt this will be made. unless a programmer or someone with the required skills likes the idea.....

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
04-10-2005 04:31 PM
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
it would be better if it went to www.puretracks.com and it played the preview, it has most songs people would play :)
04-10-2005 04:32 PM
t1a0s

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [request] Personal Message Song
I didnt necessarily mean kazaa that was just an example, it could open it in napster, itunes or whatever else you use for downloading music.

Member since 7124 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes, 34 seconds ago.
04-10-2005 04:34 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I really can't see the point in such a thing being done, a lot of programs probably wouldn't handle it anyway... MSN Music has been customized so that it does this... It will be left as this... It will be hard to get it to open kazaa and then search... It would mean checking out the code of all of those programs and trying to get it to automatically search correctly...

Also, there is the legal side of things, most of these p2p networking programs that people own are used illegally and are not paid for, therefore, I doubt Patchou would like to have something that is causing illegal processes contained in his piece of software.
04-10-2005 04:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by the1andonlysparky
When you click on a personal message in MSN thats a song it searches it in MSN Music. I think it would be a good idea to make it search it in a downloading program instead e.g Kazaa lite. Anybody think its a gd idea?

This morning I had the same idea but then thought about its legality. and then thought that it isnt legal so we'll problabyl never see this...unless you can make it of course :P
04-10-2005 05:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
If you really want it, search it manually :S Or buy the cd, the quality is much better than mp3(Y)
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
04-10-2005 05:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: