What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » A call to all P2P users

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
A call to all P2P users
Author: Message:
uberdosis

digital evil

37 / Male / –
O.P. A call to all P2P users
quote:
As of late the MPAA's and RIAA's of the world are claiming that we are denying them their justly earned money and are trying to find ways to put an end to this supposed loss through litigation. It would seem that their scare tactics have been fruitful as they keep getting settlements out of court and probably generate even more profit from these activities.

The aim of their campaign, of course, is not to target and eradicate file sharing as much as it is an attempt to control the market and dictate where and on what our hard earned money is spent. The wealthiest, nowadays, decide what we listen to and watch using staggering public relations campaigns; most releases are "format" productions where talent, passion and creativity come after profits and greed. Most of us feel that they should look into wider availability and more affordable pricing instead of claiming higher moral ground as an excuse to prop up an outdated and failing business model.

Ironically, dramatic theaters, opera houses and so forth are desperately trying to find an audience among the "common" people, as their traditionally highbrow image is not allowing them to be competitive. However, the production companies are working towards a dangerous inaccessibility for regular people. It is natural that we want to be able to watch the movies and listen to the music; it has always been and always will be. Hence, we turn to file sharing, and/or borrow CD's from our friends and so forth.

Availability and affordable prices

How many have bought a CD or watched a movie that turned out to be less than satisfactory? How many have felt cheated after a night out at the movies, having gone there after seeing trailers, commercials, and posters for another big box office release that turned out to be one of those "let's save the movie company a few bucks by fooling people into watching this dud during the first weekend" flicks? How many get sick to their stomachs while hearing about revenue losses after viewing an episode of "Cribs" on MTV? The production companies have the audacity to say that we are using people's creativity and talent, without paying for it. Well, guess what? Most P2P users actually do buy the products they like!

We continue to see fantasy figures about the kind of revenues the production companies would have had, if only their products were not obtainable online. Of course, it is complete and utter nonsense. They seem to be oblivious to the highly human trait they themselves possess: The Experience of Ownership. Everybody wants to own things. A pirated copy can never live up to the experience of a movie theatre or replace the sense of pride that comes from having a collector’s edition sitting on your bookshelf. Even those who the entertainment industry would paint as criminals are consumers too.

To prove this, we call out to all that have shared a file, downloaded something online or think that prices are outrageous; Let us send a message to the entertainment industry leadership.

The last week in April 2005 - 24th up until and including 30th - show them how much money we are spending on their products by denying them our hard earned income. Do not go to the movies; do not buy any entertainment products during that week.

This is not to be confused as saying, "go pirate everything you can find as the production companies are common robbers." Instead, this is a way to show that we are indeed supporting them already, so stop fighting your customers!

Show them we mean business!
Spread the word everywhere you can think of.

More Here.
[Image: skav.jpg]
04-11-2005 03:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: A call to all P2P users
lol, sorry but: this is the biggest load of crap I've read in a long time.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-11-2005 05:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Caboose

35 / Male / –
Although, I kind of agree with it. P2P networks made me buy things I normally wouldn't buy because I downloaded it & sampled it, then I bought it (ex. A Perfect Circle's "eMOTIVe")

Although, I'm not gonna do the one week crap o.O
04-11-2005 05:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
wtf??? crap??? this is our chance to take a stand!

quote:
Originally posted by My Display Name
rav0 » CLICK | MsgPlus! 3.5 www.freemsgplus.tk | Save P2P Filesharing www.P2PUnite.net
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
04-11-2005 06:20 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
Bah.. I agree with this, thier just democratic control freaks..
Edit: Having read the whole thing properly.. It is a bit extreme

I Download somthing when i like one song from an album, or one scene in a movie, or when ive been told about it and want to see if its any good..
Ill buy somthing that i like or am really into.. Perfect examples i have a large un burnt cd collection (in excess of 50) And a larger burnt one (excess of 150 cds, mind you most of them suck)

This post was edited on 04-11-2005 at 08:34 AM by Pyroteq.
04-11-2005 07:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

This is stupid, I agree with Patchou here... CRAP.
04-11-2005 07:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
You have to see their point, they are making all these products and people who download them illegally deprive them of money they deserve from you watching it. If you don't think its worth buying then you don't buy it - basic principles of an economy . :P

Do you think if Patchou had copyrighted Patate Spears and people starting illegally downloading it from the internet without Patchou getting his hard-earned cash he'd be happy!

of course not :P ;)
Segosa is newb.
04-11-2005 08:39 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'm sorry guys but you got toopen your eyes for a minute.When you're in a super market, you don't open a several boxes of cereals, eat a little in each of them, go back home and say "I'll buy a box the day I'm satisified with one of them". Downloading a song you didn't pay for is STEALING, nothing more, nothing less. If buying a $15 CD is to expensive for your wallet, then do like everyone else did for years and listen to the radio.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-11-2005 05:05 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Well if it wasn't for downloading i wouldn't have heard of half the bands i now love.

And i certainly would not have supported them by seeing them live :)

So i think that i do good, also i am in the process of putting together an unsigned band bit-torrent listing site where the band (And the band only!) will be able to submit their songs/demos for others to download and listen to, i think this is a great idea personally :D

I don't normally buy cds anyway but i do think this campaign is going to be a little crap :P
04-11-2005 05:21 PM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I say it's out there why not use it? Can't let it go to waste. Since theres so much other stuff on the net that is crap and takes up good space. Why not use the good stuff insted of letting it pile with the crap and waste space. :P
[Image: top.gif]
04-11-2005 08:04 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: