What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle)

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle)
Author: Message:
gorro

O.P. Huh?  Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle)
Can someone plz help me? My gf cannot hear any msgplus sound that usually hears if she's idle and the screen becomes black cause idle for power consumoption.
Normally she can hear msgplus sounds, basic and custom ones. The problem happens only when the screen of her pc becomes idle cause savescreen/powerconumption.
04-14-2005 09:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle)
quote:
Originally posted by gorro
Picachu help
Why r u calling a pokemon character :S
quote:
Normally she can hear msgplus sounds, basic and custom ones. The problem happens only when the screen of her pc becomes idle cause savescreen/powerconumption.
Does her pc go into hibernation ??? If so then she cant listen to the sounds.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
04-14-2005 09:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle)
quote:
Picachu
[Image: pikachu.gif]
Anyway, if the PC is idle, it's usually because no-one's using it, so I wouldn't necessarily consider this a bug.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-14-2005 10:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
gorro

O.P. RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle)
I meant Patchou, sorry :$
What u mean for hibernation?? She does't hibernate the pc, simply after 20 min, as the most part of PCs after screen savers the scren becomes black, to save itself. Only in that condition she cannot hear any sound.
04-14-2005 12:33 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(id
More accurately, the PC is turning off certain hardware to save power. If the PC is set to turn off the hard disks, Plus can no longer access the sounds without restarting them, which can only be done by bringing the PC out of standby.

Edit:
[Image: patchou_pika_nana.gif]

This post was edited on 04-14-2005 at 01:23 PM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-14-2005 01:12 PM
gorro

O.P. RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle)
Well, first it works at me even if I have the black screen.
Second she has NOT power savign of hard drives.
Third it worked with previous veriosn of msn 7.0 beta and msgplus beta.
04-14-2005 04:39 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Sounds can't be heard unless you enable the option to hear sounds while status is busy

Maybe this won't let her hear the sounds?
04-14-2005 04:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The latest versions of Messenger Plus! play their sounds only when the current user is properly logged in, if her computer locks her station when she's idle (which is a normal procedure after some time), then this behaviour is normal.

fortuantely for you, if shewants tohear the sounds even when her station is locked, she can use the PlaySoundsNotLoggedIn advanced setting. Go to http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php , download Plus! Tweak and set PlaySoundsNotLoggedIn to true, it should take care of the problem :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-14-2005 05:05 PM
gorro

O.P. RE: RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle)
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The latest versions of Messenger Plus! play their sounds only when the current user is properly logged in, if her computer locks her station when she's idle (which is a normal procedure after some time), then this behaviour is normal.

fortuantely for you, if shewants tohear the sounds even when her station is locked, she can use the PlaySoundsNotLoggedIn advanced setting. Go to http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php , download Plus! Tweak and set PlaySoundsNotLoggedIn to true, it should take care of the problem :).

Thanks for answering :), but why I don't have this problem on black screen(I do hear sounds) and I have never thouched my registry?

This post was edited on 04-14-2005 at 10:02 PM by gorro.
04-14-2005 09:58 PM
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

35 / Male / –
You might be mistaking the "turn off monitor" setting which turns off your graphics card after a cetain amount of minutes set in the power options. I can hear my sounds too when the that option is set.
04-14-2005 10:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: