What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » newst versions of msn n plus cant connect

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
newst versions of msn n plus cant connect
Author: Message:
redrum1

O.P. RE: newst versions of msn n plus cant connect
hrmm i also have zone labs security suite...but it works sumtimes..:S
04-18-2005 05:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

37 / Other / –
RE: RE: newst versions of msn n plus cant connect
quote:
Originally posted by Junkguy

BTW, I use ZoneAlarm Security Suite.  Also, I have tried reinstalling both MSN and MsgPlus, but it made no difference :S

did you checked your zoneAlarm security settings  if they allow msn messenger

This post was edited on 04-18-2005 at 09:17 AM by BEWARE^^.
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
04-18-2005 09:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
andydrizen

RE: newst versions of msn n plus cant connect
I too am having these problems that started when I installed Plus - I have just installed 3.52 and still get problems.

I have Zone Alarm, although I do not think this is the issue.

I have worked out that when it looks like it is signing in for ages, if i select an option on the "Always sign in as: " drop down list, MSN appears ot sign in - although no contacts are shown. Although I cannot see my contacts - they can still send me messages and I can reply. From here I cannot sign in or out - I must exit the program.

When I sign in using Windows Messenger I have no problems.

Also, I have noticed that if I sign in to Windows Messenger, and then sign in to MSN 7.. at precisely the point when Windows Messenger tells me I'm signed in somewhere else, if i change the "Always sign in: " status to Online, then MSN 7 signs in successfully - showing me the contact list.

For thos wishing to try this method - it takes  few attempts to get it right ;)

Hope this helps Patchou,

Good luck

Andy
04-18-2005 11:04 PM
Lodie

I found the following bug/problem in Messenger Plus! I run msn 7.0.0777 & Messenger Plus 3.52.130. I first updated msn itself from version 6.2 to version 7.0.0777 then I installed the newest version of Messenger Plus (3.52.130). The first time I signed in there were no problems! But when I tried to sign in the second time messenger keeps tryin to connect but my friend already see me online! When I click on sign in as and change to some of the options messenger stops connecting and changes to an empty contactlist! My friends in my contactlist can talk to me and I can talk to them but the list itself stays empty.
When I uninstall messenger plus I can sign in again with msn 7.0.0777!
So I reinstalled messenger plus and checked my zone alarm settings. The combination of msn 7.0.0777 and messenger plus 3.52.130 will only connect when msgplus.exe has all the rights (Access & Server) It even won’t connect if it has just the first three right (Access:Local & Internet Server:Local) as msn has them!

So the same here as by andydrizen!! So I would ask him to test if he can connect if he has the right zonealarm settings as I have. Maybe the we have solved the problem!

04-19-2005 07:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rocket17

Ok ive just seen this thread and i am having this problem here at work, when i installed the newest version of messenger plus yesterday as it asked for the auto update thing i could no longer connect to msn messenger, however when i stop the messenger plus service from task manager i can connect to messenger?
04-19-2005 08:39 AM
andydrizen

Well I changed my Zone Alarm settings like you said - no difference. I even shut it down to no avail.

The only thing i have got to work is uninstalling MSN 7 and Plus, and then reinstalling MSN 6.2

04-19-2005 09:04 AM
Lodie

RE: RE: newst versions of msn n plus cant connect
quote:
Originally posted by andydrizen
Well I changed my Zone Alarm settings like you said - no difference. I even shut it down to no avail.

The only thing i have got to work is uninstalling MSN 7 and Plus, and then reinstalling MSN 6.2

that's too bad :( thought I found somewhat of a solution to the problem in general but it only seems to have worked for my problem!! MSN 7.0.0777 is running fine with Messenger Plus 3.52.130 and the changed ZoneAlarm settings!

04-19-2005 02:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Are you using any other internet security program such as Norton Security? I'm searching for the problem but so far, no luck. Plus! is not supposed to be able to create that kind of problem. Do you have any other plugin like Messenger Discovery installed?

Note that Microsoft is currently working on an issue related to "empty contact list" in Messenger 7, your problems may simply be caused by that bug. So far, it seems that Messenger Plus! is not the cause of the bug but it can make it more visible (probably becaue Plus! slows down Messenger a little so if it's a timing issue, then it's normal it's more visible with Plus!). I'll keep you posted when I'll have more information about that.

This post was edited on 04-19-2005 at 03:09 PM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-19-2005 02:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andydrizen

I'm not using any other patches - not even Plus! and it still doesnt work - it's like Plus has overwritten something important...

Not using norton either.

I emailed Microsoft a while ago, they said they couldnt put a time on how long it owuld take to resolve the issue.... I didnt tell them I was using Plus!

On my other computer I just installed MSN 7 works a treat

[EDIT] Just installed plus. it's buggered.

This post was edited on 04-19-2005 at 03:17 PM by andydrizen.
04-19-2005 03:16 PM
redrum1

O.P. RE: newst versions of msn n plus cant connect
does nebody have a link to msnm 6.2? vers.7 just dont work..the link at mess.be sends me to the msnm7 download page..
04-20-2005 05:53 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: