What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » NEW Version - February 5th

1 votes - 2 average   NEW Version - February 5th
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. NEW Version - February 5th
Hello!

yes, already, here is a new version. But before you download it, read this: this version is not a public release, I'll explain it in details in this post but please, do not put this version on any of your servers. Do NOT update your mirrors and don't send this version to your contacts unless there is a reason.

So, what's the big deal? let me explain: patchou.com will be back online very soon, in fact, whenever I decide as the new server is now ready. Why am I waiting? because tons of people are already using a beta version of Messenger Plus! 2.00 and they will all connect on my server to get an auto-update as soon as the server is online. Because I do not want to release a new auto-update version every week I have to ensure that the one they will download is good enough to stay several weeks on their computer. For that, I need your help: a lot of bugs have been found since the first public beta of Messenger Plus!, I'm doing my best to fix all of them when possible but some bugs, including important ones (crash) stay unfixed as I can't reproduce them on my station.

The version I'm releasing today is for people going on this forum only. It's an update (I won't tell you what has already been fixed since version 2.01.17, I will give the list, as always, for the next official release) and most importantly, it is a debug version. This means that it behaves the same way as usual but it also creates a file to help me diagnose problems. You'll find this file at "C:\MessengerPlus Dump.txt". If you wish to help, it's very easy:
  • Download and install this debug version
  • reproduce the problem on your station. If you don't know the exact way to reproduce the problem, just use Messenger as usual and wait for it to happen
  • note the day and time when the problem happens
  • send an email to debug2018@patchou.com with the most information you can give me about the problem (how to reproduce it, how it happened, etc...) and, it's very important, the "C:\MessengerPlus Dump.txt" file.
I suggest you to zip the file before you send it as it can grow pretty fast. Also, if you can't send the file because Windows says it's locked, just copy it in another directory and send the copy. The file is locked because Messenger Plus! accesses the file very often.

You can't know how much this file and the information you will give about your problem will help me solve bugs. I really hope that I'll be able to find the reasons why Messenger crashes sometimes or why it's being exited when you go in Boss Protect mode for example. I'm counting on you! Please do as much as you can for next saturday (february 8th), know that your contribution is very appreciated and anyone who help solve a bug will get rewarded by having its name in the About Box of Messenger Plus!.. don't hesitate to send me as many emails as necessary about your problems, always by sending me the information I requested above (note: other emails will be ignored, I'm doing all this to help Messenger Plus! progressing).

Download this version at http://pages.infinit.net/patchou8/MsgPlusDebug.zip

Hope to hear from you soon,
Patchou.

This post was edited on 02-06-2003 at 04:36 AM by WDZ.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-06-2003 04:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: NEW Version - February 5th
It's now thursday evening and I just updated the Messenger Plus! version again so that it contains more information related to the bugs I've received today. Please update your version, the About Box must show 2.01.19. Thanks!

http://pages.infinit.net/patchou8/MsgPlusDebug.zip (make sure your browser download the file again).

Patchou.
02-07-2003 01:25 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Hello,

I jsut updated the debug version again, It's now 2.01.20 and you still can download it at http://pages.infinit.net/patchou8/MsgPlusDebug.zip . It fixes even more problems and, let's dream a little, it'S suppsoed to fix the crashes that occur sometimes when you close a chat window.

Let me know!
Patchou
02-08-2003 04:38 AM
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: NEW Version - February 5th
Patchou, I emailed you @ debug2018@patchou.com but I donnow if it still is the right address for 2020 bugs.. :undecided: -----> this could be shorter, no : undecided : but : / so its :/
02-08-2003 04:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Yep, the email is still valid... a new version has been released! please see http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=4376

Patchou
02-09-2003 04:36 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: