What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Keep the Last Message Put In "<Type a personal message>" Space

Keep the Last Message Put In "<Type a personal message>" Space
Author: Message:
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
O.P. Keep the Last Message Put In "<Type a personal message>" Space
Is there a possibility of the last personal message you put into the personal message box being re-entered, or kept in the message box among singin in and out?

I often want to keep a certain message in my personal message area, but i find it a bit annoying to have to re-enter it every time.
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
04-17-2005 01:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Keep the Last Message Put In "<Type a personal message>" Space
I seriously don't get it. MSN Staff have told me the personal message isn't supposed to stay saved. Well known supporters from multiple communities do too. But for me, it stays. It has and probably always will be: "Beta Butterflies, out to play!".

As for support regarding this issue: I don't know why my personal message doesn't change. And I don't know of any way to enable saving of it. It's a feature of MSN Messenger 7, not a bug.

There may be patches out there, but I'm not allowed to meddle with such things so sorry if my support is incorrect. Feel free to correct me and delete my post if need be.
04-17-2005 01:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
EvilSeph thats exactly what my personalised message does.
Whatever it is when i restart my computer it is exactly the same message the next time i log back in.

When i'm using my mums computer my personalised message is exactly the same as what it was the last time i was on my mums computer.

I can log onto my mums with a different pmessage, then log onto my account using my computer and it will show the same message on my computer that it shows always :S.

The even stranger thing is that both these computers save their own version of my pmessage according to what was being displayed on them last.
Segosa is newb.
04-17-2005 01:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
I think it's just the nature and intended use of PMs. I mean, if I'm on my PC, signing in and out of Messenger while testing, I can put 'Don't mind me: just tetsing' as the PM, but if I'm on someone else's computer, it can say 'Not my PC: not my fault' if the connection keeps dropping :)
You may find it differs on the same PC but under different Windows accounts?
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-17-2005 12:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: