What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugin Request - Hyperlinked Nicknames.

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Plugin Request - Hyperlinked Nicknames.
Author: Message:
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: Plugin Request - Hyperlinked Nicknames.
Not possible afaik.
[Image: 7.png]
04-17-2005 04:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Accually Ive given it thought and IT is possible....

Example; the way "What Im Listening To" works this way. If somehow a MP3 tag could be "emulated" and sent to the nickname as a hyperlink and showing as normal text. I think this is very possible and wouldnt require the other person to have the plugin.
04-26-2005 08:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Plugin Request - Hyperlinked Nicknames.
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4

Example; the way "What Im Listening To" works this way. If somehow a MP3 tag could be "emulated" and sent to the nickname as a hyperlink and showing as normal text. I think this is very possible and wouldnt require the other person to have the plugin.

cool so you reckon it can be done? great let me know if you ever make that plugin ill definately download it.
04-26-2005 09:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
cool so you reckon it can be done? great let me know if you ever make that plugin ill definately download it.

Personally I have no programming knowledge. I am going to start next year on a 3 year course about programming but I have no idea. I just know the names of languages, what a API is but thats about it...
I would like to start NOW but I have no idea where to start...
04-26-2005 09:53 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Isn't this kinda dangerous though? If it was used and you clicked someones name, it would take you to the hyperlink of say a virus download site
04-26-2005 10:05 PM
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
Guess what? If someone sent you a link and you clicked on it, and it was a virus you would be asked if you wanted to download a virus!! WOW!!

Anyone with any sense won't go selecting to download/open random .exe .pif .etc files linked to in people's names :/
04-26-2005 10:29 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MoRiA
Guess what? If someone sent you a link and you clicked on it, and it was a virus you would be asked if you wanted to download a virus!! WOW!!

Anyone with any sense won't go selecting to download/open random .exe .pif .etc files linked to in people's names :/

exactly.
04-27-2005 05:58 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Then why the !#"%¤#"%¤#"%¤  does so many people get the "check this out!" .pif viruses??????? And those are even not disgused real good... You see the direct links to the file.. If you did it this way, the people would have no clue of whatever they were pressing... If people are stupid enough to open the .pif viruses spread around, then surely there would be at least twice as many stupid enough to open viruses distrubuted this way!... This is just a huge security risk!!.. There are to many stupid and ignorant people out there.. But I would like to say that this idea is good and great, but I don't think it should be made!...
04-27-2005 06:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Then why the !#"%¤#"%¤#"%¤  does so many people get the "check this out!" .pif viruses??????? And those are even not disgused real good... You see the direct links to the file.. If you did it this way, the people would have no clue of whatever they were pressing... If people are stupid enough to open the .pif viruses spread around, then surely there would be at least twice as many stupid enough to open viruses distrubuted this way!... This is just a huge security risk!!.. There are to many stupid and ignorant people out there.. But I would like to say that this idea is good and great, but I don't think it should be made!...

well firstly microsoft have a built in part of messenger 7.0 that prevent's the transfer of these files in the first place and yes i know that if the sender has the unblocker in stuffplug then stupid people can still receive them. so in addition to this plugin maybe patchou can add a feature into messenger plus that enables US to select with tick boxes what type of files we want to accept in file transfers if the pif files box isn't ticked which if done right patchou could make sure its not by default then they can't receive these viruses. and anyone stupid enough to tick that box deserves to get a virus.
04-27-2005 07:36 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
No it can't. The "What I'm listening to" is another type of object ("linkname" object) then the screennames (which are plain text objects).

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
well firstly microsoft have a built in part of messenger 7.0 that prevent's the transfer of these files in the first
Which firstly causes more troubles then doing anything good. And secondly isn't by no means a protection against other malicious stuff which can happen when hotlinking stuff without knowing what you click. Thirdly, has nothing to do with this...

---

Because of the security reasons said in this thread such a think will not be made in Messenger itself and neither in Messenger Plus!. The only "solution" would be a plugin, but as riahc4 pointed out, both you and your contact would need it.

This post was edited on 04-27-2005 at 01:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-27-2005 01:33 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: