What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » How do u make c++ programs?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
How do u make c++ programs?
Author: Message:
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
RE: How do u make c++ programs?
For me I use Dev-C++ (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html) since that's what my school's comps are installed with. Dev-c++ is also free. I haven't tried Borland C++ before. I have a copy of Visual Studio but didn't use it too much because I used to Dev-C++ from working at school. Dev-C++ seems to be ok but I can't make any comparison since I haven't tried too many editors/compilers.
Cow juice...
04-18-2005 06:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

quote:
Originally posted by chris4
Ok.. so you can make programs with it?

sorry im a n00b :P

Well that's kind of the whole point of programming. Why would you want to learn it if you don't know what it does? I think you're gonna struggle a bit, especially with C++ >.<

Anyway, yes.. you make programs... every single program you use needs to be created by someone in a programming language.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
04-18-2005 07:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
quote:
Originally posted by chris4
Ok.. so you can make programs with it?

sorry im a n00b :P

Well that's kind of the whole point of programming. Why would you want to learn it if you don't know what it does? I think you're gonna struggle a bit, especially with C++ >.<

Anyway, yes.. you make programs... every single program you use needs to be created by someone in a programming language.

Thanks. I said I wanted to learn a "computer language". I learn some html, now I want to learn a different language. I new it was to make programs but I wanted to make sure.

And how was I suppost to know C++ was a programming language.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
04-18-2005 09:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: How do u make c++ programs?
could someone volunteer to help me and be my toutor through MSN? (not at the moment)
04-18-2005 09:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Grue

– / Male / –
RE: RE: How do u make c++ programs?
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Or, if you can get a copy, go for Microsoft's Visual Studio. It's create for designing the GUI, and has tons of Microsoft help links (which I usually find quite good). Also it's guarenteed to work on your computer since it's made by Microsoft. I warn you though, don't use VS.net. It's a waste of money and resources. I regular VS *much* better.

You can get a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 from http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/get/
But it is only free shipping to U.S. and Canadian orders, and it is just while supplies last so there is no guarentee you will get it
04-18-2005 10:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: