What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Signing in in problem with MSN Messenger 7.

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Signing in in problem with MSN Messenger 7.
Author: Message:
gatepass007

sAd boy mAd boy.

40 / Male / –
O.P. Signing in in problem with MSN Messenger 7.
Hey guyz,
This new MSN Messenger (final version) is killing me. Every time I try to sign that shows me that the service is currently unavailable. When I try to use the connection troubleshooter then that says the problem is with Zone Alarm. So, I have uninstalled Zone Alarm. Still I can't sign in. I'm getting the same error message although I am not getting error message about Zone Alarm. Some times ago I installed the older version (6.2) .. that worked fine. Why MSN Messenger 7 doesn't work in my PC? What's wrong?

Please somebody help me. :(

[Image: th_Error_1.jpg]

[Image: th_MessengerProblem.jpg]
04-22-2005 07:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
RE: Signing in in problem with MSN Messenger 7.
first of all, you did not need to uninstall zonealarm :wink:

you can re-intall zonealarm firewall. they only thingyou would need to to do is ENABLE internet access to msn messenger through your firewall.

To do this open Zonealarm and go to the 'program control' panel, then click the 'programs' tab. Scroll down the list of programs until you find MSN. Left click on the question mark in the 'server/internet' section of your application's row. Change the setting to 'allow.' :cheesy: this should fix your problem.

RIGHT NOW, the problem may be with the XP firewall (unless you did not restart your computer after the uninstalling of zolealarm).

:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

04-22-2005 07:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gatepass007

sAd boy mAd boy.

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Signing in in problem with MSN Messenger 7.
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
first of all, you did not need to uninstall zonealarm :wink:

you can re-intall zonealarm firewall. they only thingyou would need to to do is ENABLE internet access to msn messenger through your firewall.

To do this open Zonealarm and go to the 'program control' panel, then click the 'programs' tab. Scroll down the list of programs until you find MSN. Left click on the question mark in the 'server/internet' section of your application's row. Change the setting to 'allow.' :cheesy: this should fix your problem.

RIGHT NOW, the problem may be with the XP firewall (unless you did not restart your computer after the uninstalling of zolealarm).

Well, My windows XP's firewall service is disable. I've installed Zone Alarm and MSN Messenger's permission is
set as you say. Actually that setting was ALLOWD before you say.  I was having problem and still having problem. Now I am using 6.2 version. That works fine. Just can't understand the problem with version 7. :@
04-22-2005 07:40 PM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gatepass007
Well, My windows XP's firewall service is disable. I've installed Zone Alarm and MSN Messenger's permission is
set as you say. Actually that setting was ALLOWD before you say.  I was having problem and still having problem. Now I am using 6.2 version. That works fine. Just can't understand the problem with version 7.

try going here and following the directions.

EDIT:

Also, try this:

in the msn main window, go to -> Options -> Connections -> advanced connection options -> uncheck all 4 boxes (TCP, SOCKS 4 SOCKS 5 HTTP Proxy)

also, i just want you to know that even when you get a message saying:
The following programs might prevent a connection to MSN Messenger.
-> Zone Labs Zone Alarm

it just means that the troubleshooter recognized that you have this firewall installed, it does not mean that it is a direct problem with zolealarm.

This post was edited on 04-22-2005 at 07:55 PM by Joa.

spam.

04-22-2005 07:47 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Do you have a router with a firewall on or another firewall?
If so, make sure that you have either enabled uPnP, or have opened outgoing TCP Port 1863.

This post was edited on 04-22-2005 at 08:00 PM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-22-2005 07:51 PM
gatepass007

sAd boy mAd boy.

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Do you have a router with a firewall on? If so, make sure that you have either enabled uPnP, or have opened outgoing TCP Port 1863.

Nope, I don't have any firewall. By the way I am gonna follow the instructions given by Joa.
04-22-2005 07:54 PM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
quote:
Nope, I don't have any firewall. By the way I am gonna follow the instructions given by Joa.

i updated my post, you may want to try the other suggestion i put there too.

spam.

04-22-2005 07:56 PM
Phr3nzy

40 / Male / –
RE: RE: Signing in in problem with MSN Messenger 7.
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
Also, try this:

in the msn main window, go to -> Options -> Connections -> advanced connection options -> uncheck all 4 boxes (TCP, SOCKS 4 SOCKS 5 HTTP Proxy)

Strangely enough that seemed to work for me! I was having this same problem. Fingers crossed its not just a fluke!
04-22-2005 08:04 PM
gatepass007

sAd boy mAd boy.

40 / Male / –

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
quote:
set as you say. Actually that setting was ALLOWD before you say.  I was having problem and still having problem. Now I am using 6.2 version. That works fine. Just can't understand the problem with version 7.

try going here and following the directions.

Well, I use internet with proxy. Without proxy I can't browse. MSN Messenger now says I might have problem with my internet connection or with proxy. With IE I cant browse well. Only Messenger is showing me that error.
**Messenger's HTTP proxy and IE's proxy is same.

[Image: th_Error_2.jpg]

Anyways, guyz thanks for ur posts. I have tried so many things for the last few days. Now I think I have to use 6.2 version.
04-22-2005 08:20 PM
gatepass007

sAd boy mAd boy.

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Phr3nzy
Strangely enough that seemed to work for me! I was having this same problem. Fingers crossed its not just a fluke!

Tried that also ... didn't work for me :(:@:@:@
04-22-2005 08:22 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: