What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Recurring problem

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Recurring problem
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Recurring problem
quote:
Originally posted by Hilikus
i thought double posting was posting the same message in two different threads
quote:
Originally posted by forum rules

Spam:
Spam includes posts that: are posted more than once, or immediately after another one of your posts (double post).

Save the admins/mods some work, go fix your doubleposting ;)
quote:
i did save the preferences, i will try without saving them, i didnt want to lose them but wth, i have to try it

and for me its been happening even before i had msn7
You can backup your preferences beforehand (incase it doesn't make a difference you can load em back):
Plus > Preferences..at the bottom..."save/load".

This post was edited on 04-24-2005 at 12:30 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-24-2005 12:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Recurring problem
ok, i reinstalled everything and it worked ok, after being sure that it worked i re-loaded my saved settings and it started happening again, it is definitevely something in the settings, it is a bug but i cant trace it further to help how to fix it
04-24-2005 07:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
spokes

I <3 Rollerblading

33 / Male / Flag
this has been ahppening to me since i ever installed messenger plus on messenger 6

[Image: sig15ws.png]
04-24-2005 08:00 PM
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
well, do what i did, remove plus (with settings and plugins and everything) and reinstall it (you dont need to reinstall msn since its a bug in MsgPlus only) DONT LOAD YOUR OLD SETTINGS IF YOU HAVE THEM!! thats whats causing the bug

let me know what happens, i hope i can help you solve that problem i had, i understand you, it is annoying. i think i fixed it now

04-24-2005 09:29 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Hilikus, please do not delete the preferences backup you made yet.

Send an e-mail about it to mplus@patchou.com (with link to this thread). Patchou will be back next month (you won't get an immediate answer), he might wanna have a look into it ;)

By doing this these problems might be prevented in the future. Thanks for your cooperation :D

Edit: you're welcome :D

This post was edited on 04-25-2005 at 07:18 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-25-2005 12:23 PM
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
oh ok man, ill do that

thanks alot for your help

04-25-2005 06:08 PM
:.dudeman.:

Hey, I was having this problem for months. I looked around for what could have been the problem but nothing helped. Then I realised that I have Zone Alarm Security Suite running on my comoputer. It scans any incoming IM's for viruses. While it is trying to help out in reality it is stopping emotions and display pictures from showing up. To fix this problem, you have to set Zone Alarm not to startup with the computer by going into Overview\Preferences\Load Zone Alarm.... just make sure it insn't on. Then exit Windows Live or MSN, whichever you are running, and restart your computer. Then you sign into your Live Mail\MSN account and your emoticons and display pictures should work perfectly. Once you start running Zone Alarm again they will stop. So I suppose in order to enjoy Live Messenger or MSN at their fullest you need to leave your computer vulnerable, I'm willing to take that risk.

PS: It also stops file transfers and can cause many other problems.  Like some of your messages won't go through.

So if you are running a Zone Alarm product, I guarantee this is the problem.

PPS: Allright, if you start up Zone Alarm after restarting your computer and logging in, it does work, but only on occasion. So try your luck I guess, if they don't work when you start Zone Alarm the first time, try shutting it down and then restarting it. Hope it helps.

This post was edited on 07-11-2006 at 02:51 AM by :.dudeman.:.
07-11-2006 02:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
:.dudeman.:

If you want to run Zone Alarm while running Live Messenger I have just found a fix, but beware, it is for the savy user only. Mistakes here can cause system instability and ruin your computer. DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT OF YOUR ABILITIES. http://www.messenger.mattchan.co.uk/index.php?opt...iew&id=13&Itemid=2

BACK UP YOUR FILES, VERY IMPORTANT.
07-11-2006 03:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: