What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Recurring problem

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Recurring problem
Author: Message:
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
O.P. Recurring problem
Ok, i've been having this problem for a long while now, but i got sick of it!! i havent been able to fix it. Here is the thing, after some time of talking, randomly, emoticons stop showing and instead their text representation is shown, the option is STILL ENABLED to show emoticons. moreover, when i try to send a file or receive a file, the usual icon that appears or the thumbnail in the case of pics is not shown. even more, after the transfer finishes, the link (or any other URL for that matter) doesnt work, nothing happens when i click it. Last thing, with the links the first letter of the link doesnt seem to be a link (not underlined nor blue). And more, when transferring, the progress bar disappears, and if the transfer is TO ME from someone else i cant even see the name nor the thumbnail of the file, i just see the accept, reject and save as links again with the first letter not underlined

I've had msg plus since version two way back, last week i removed msgplus completely and tested messenger alone for about 2 days and the problem didnt appear so im kind of suspecting it is msgplus, my problem is not specific to this version, as i stated ive had this problem for around 1 year or maybe even more.

One last thing, the problem doesnt happen globally, it is per conversacion, like if links dont work with someone and someone else sends me something, everything is ok. If i close the conversation with weird behaviour and open it again everything works just fine. I already tried disabling logging but it didnt work, i think ive seen this happen only after long conversations, maybe is something with the chat buffer being full or something

any ideas on how to solve this freakin problem???

here is a pic of what it looks like when the bug activates while i try to send something
[Image: bug.jpg]

Im using windows XP, no SPs
MSN Messnger v7.0.0777
and Messenger plus! 3.52.130

Thanks
04-22-2005 10:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Recurring problem
Yeah, this sounds all to familiar to me! I have one contact in particular who always seems to trigger these bugs when he sends me files. I'll have to ask him, "What are you sending," seeing as I'm not able to view the file name. :p Auto-accept also gets really annoying at times. In half the cases it simply doesn't accept the file being sent. Are you by any chance experiencing this as well? I wonder if these two problems are related...
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
04-22-2005 10:59 PM
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Recurring problem
well i dont use auto-accept so i dont know

it's great hearing of someone with my same problem

i dont think its the type of file, im pretty sure it'd happened to me with different kinds of files

This post was edited on 04-22-2005 at 11:18 PM by Hilikus.
04-22-2005 11:14 PM
Chop

Msg Plus! Spanish Helper

35 / Male / Flag
Bueno, al parecer hablas espaņol:
No crees que sea problema del messenger y no del MsgPlus?, ya probaste reinstalando el messenger completamente (incluyendo sus registros y cualquier otro rastro)?.
Y como dices que el error aparece solo con el plus!, probaste haciendo lo mismo que te dije con el msn messengeR?

Well, it seems you speak spanish:
Don't you think that it is a problem of messenger and not msgplus?, you already tried reinstalling msn messenger completely (including registers and another thing related to it)?.
If you says that this bug appears only with plus!, did you tried doing the same thing i just said with messenger?
[Image: index.php]
04-22-2005 11:50 PM
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
ok hre is another example of the bug but this time when i RECEIVE the file

[Image: bug2.jpg]
04-22-2005 11:50 PM
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
well, as i stated before, i removed msgplus and tried it for 2 days and the error didnt appear, i think thats a good reason to belive it is the addon and not messenger itself
no, i havent tried reinstalling messenger completely because of what i just said, but i guess i can give it a try, now you would have to tell me how to do a full uninstall
i will try to see if the error shows up using windows messenger but if it doesnt it doesnt mean that the problem is in msn messenger, since without msgplus there are no errors, it could mean there is a bug in msgplus when interacting with msn messenger and not windows messenger, i will give it a try though

thanks for the reply, and yes, i do speak spanish but its easier to get support in english
04-22-2005 11:56 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Full uninstall both MSNM and Plus!:
- uninstall MSNM and Plus! including preferences and plugins
- reboot
- remove all folders in program files folder pointing towards MSN Messenger and Plus!
- reinstall both again.

I seriously doubt this will work (but it won't hurt either), i do experience the same things from time to time, not that often (emoticon shortcuts, no preview image of files). I do as you do and close conversationwindow or restart MSNM.

MSNM 7.0.0777
Plus! 3.52.130
Plugins: SS3 (3.0.555), SPNG (2.2.119), RDM Speech, eventlog reader

Did you use any of the plugins i mentioned when this happend to you?

This post was edited on 04-23-2005 at 09:20 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-23-2005 09:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
no, i dont use any plugins at all
did this happen to you since this version only or before as well??

hey, which are the msgplus directories?? i removed once the one you choose when you install but still my settings were saved so there must be some other place where that was saved

This post was edited on 04-25-2005 at 06:09 PM by WDZ.
04-23-2005 10:51 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
This happend since using version 7 of MSNM.

Did you uninstall including preferences? If not the preferences are kept in the registry. There can be several folders remaining for Plus! e.g Messenger Plus2..just delete all folders containing Messenger Plus! from program files folder after you uninstalled and rebooted.

Lil tip: use the "edit" button at the bottom of your post if you wanna add something before somebody else posted. Double posting is against forum rules ;)

This post was edited on 04-23-2005 at 11:46 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-23-2005 11:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
i thought double posting was posting the same message in two different threads

i did save the preferences, i will try without saving them, i didnt want to lose them but wth, i have to try it

and for me its been happening even before i had msn7
04-24-2005 01:29 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: