What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » election 05

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
election 05
Author: Message:
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: election 05
quote:
Originally posted by tehGspider
What about the Monster Raving Looney Party's plan to make a 99p coin. I love those guys.
:lol:
Shall we all vote for them, just so they can do that?
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-24-2005 09:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
musicalmidget
Elite Member

Hmm, randomness...

37 / Male / Flag
If a 99p coin was ever made we would start getting prices ending in 98p.  Apparently it's because that little bit of change makes many people think something is a lot cheaper than it really is.

That's never worked with me... :tongue:
04-24-2005 09:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Actually, it works because the first number is one less.
£4.99
£5.00
Since we read left-to-right, we see the '4' and the '5', and compare them. Therefore, the 1p-less price looks much cheaper than it is.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-24-2005 09:50 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget

As someone who's about to go to uni, I'm going to be between £2,000-£6,000 in debt after my first year.  That's a lot, but is nothing compared to what it would be under Labour's new plan. :@

In first year? :o wow. I mean, I'm a student in Scotland so it don't think it affects me..... I'm hoping to be about £6000 in debt after 4 years

Anyway, Labour to win but Blair out Brown in. Gordon Brown is more in tune with the people of Britain. Blair's living on his own wee island. But there then the problem that there'd never be a Chancellor quite a good as Brown...Not going to matter anyway for me. Although I'm aged to vote someone <add word here> messed things up and some reason they think I'm voting in Aberdeen. Nothing else can possibly go wrong this year...and nothing can wrong this week as I'm on placement working with people......give me strength
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7268 days, 9 hours, 10 minutes, 2 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
04-24-2005 09:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Actually, it works because the first number is one less.
£4.99
£5.00
Since we read left-to-right, we see the '4' and the '5', and compare them. Therefore, the 1p-less price looks much cheaper than it is.

Thats one reason. The other reason is that the person at the checkout has to put the money in the counter to give you the change. Say something was £5 they could stick the fiver in their pocket. If it's £4.99 they have to open the thing, put it in and get the change out :P

Back on topic...
I hate Tony Blair. He is such a liar. If you read the Newspapers, you will see why he should not be primeinister.
I personally want the concervatives to win. They promise to drop tax rates [i think]. Nice :P
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
04-24-2005 10:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
The only things the torys will be doing is raising taxes. And newspapers are crap anyway. It's allways yesterdays news & anything that is todays news is all lies (Unless you read broadsheets).
04-25-2005 03:30 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
I want the Monster Raving Looney Party to get in i saw their leader on TV the other month and he was like well if anything the labour party insulting me will get me more publicity i mean look at me now i'm on TV dressed as a Raving Lunatic :D
04-25-2005 03:50 PM
musicalmidget
Elite Member

Hmm, randomness...

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by tehGspider
The only things the torys will be doing is raising taxes. And newspapers are crap anyway. It's allways yesterdays news & anything that is todays news is all lies (Unless you read broadsheets).

All of the major parties will have to raise takes to meet the promises that they are making.  The only difference however is that the Liberal Democrats are the only ones who will admit that.
04-25-2005 04:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: election 05
the Monster Raving Loonatic Party can't win because they dont have enough canditates to get a majority. They usually do quite well in their consituancies though
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
04-25-2005 04:51 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget

All of the major parties will have to raise takes to meet the promises that they are making.  The only difference however is that the Liberal Democrats are the only ones who will admit that.

The Lib Dems certainly aren't admiting that the country needs to raise taxes to be ran better, they are saying that they can run the country on less.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-25-2005 05:00 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: