What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Meet the Xbox 360

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Meet the Xbox 360
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  Meet the Xbox 360
These pics have been around for a while, but it seems that they are semi-confirmed now.

Pictures of Xbox 360 leaked

23 April 2005 14:46 by Ketola
[Image: xbox360_pre_logo.jpg]
"Several pictures of the upcoming Xbox 360 console (or at least it's named Xbox 360 on the picture) have surfaced on the net. While pictures have surfaced in the past, the one seen now could be the one that will be shown at E3.

The device that will eventually hit the stores will most likely not be like the one shown here. Many remember the rather cool-looking X-shaped Xbox prototypes displayed by Microsoft after the first generation Xbox was announced.

[Image: xbox360_front_hires.jpg]
(Click to Enlarge)

The picture shows the disc tray, two memory ports, a power button and a possibly covered extension port. In addition there seems to be an IR port and maybe a button to trigger a wireless connection. Since no connectors are visible for the connectors, it's likely that the Xbox 360 will feature wireless controllers -- as has been suspected by many."

[Image: xbox360_angle_hires.jpg]
This, probably somewhat older, picture shows the left hand side of the console at an angle. You can see that the color is a bit different, and the eject button is facing a different direction. The bulge you see on the first picture seems to be a HDD expansion slot (note the "40GB" marking).

[Image: xbox360_side_hires.jpg]
This picture, which surfaced before the ones shown above, looks a bit different from the others. Either this is a newer design of the HDD expansion or the slot is covered by a "default plate" which is used when no expansion device is installed."

Source: http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/6361.cfm

Also: Another "ilovebees" kind of thing revealed these:
Controller:
[Image: a-new-xbox-viral-ad-campaign-20050411054952218.jpg][Image: a-new-xbox-viral-ad-campaign-20050411054952624.jpg]

Game:
[Image: xbox-360-update-42505-20050425023439460.jpg]
[Image: xbox-360-update-42505-20050425053337625.jpg]

Memory Unit(s):
[Image: xbox-360-update-42505-20050425023439835.jpg]
[Image: xbox-360-update-42505-20050424034200526.jpg]

Site: http://www.ourcolony.net/

This post was edited on 04-26-2005 at 05:51 PM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
04-26-2005 04:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: Meet the Xbox 360
the first looks funny :S, but the second two look good :)

This post was edited on 04-26-2005 at 04:02 PM by Stigmata.
04-26-2005 04:02 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
are they real? or concept art goin round the net?

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
04-26-2005 04:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Meet the Xbox 360
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
are they real? or concept art goin round the net?

They're semi-confirmed to be real. When the first one appeared people thought "FAKE!", but then the other 2 shots appeared and now people are convinced they're real. It's semi-confirmed that they are (there's around a 95% chance that they're real).
04-26-2005 04:05 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I don't think that either of them are real, as said many a time before, Microsoft are well known to put out "decoys" so that people think they have the proof, when they actually don't...

We'll just all have to see on May 12th won't we :)...

The white one looks pretty fake... and so does the logo up top...
04-26-2005 04:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dr4g0n

33 / Male / Flag
I heard it was going to be called Xbox Xeon or something... :S
04-26-2005 04:17 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I don't think that either of them are real, as said many a time before, Microsoft are well known to put out "decoys" so that people think they have the proof, when they actually don't...

We'll just all have to see on May 12th won't we :)...

The white one looks pretty fake... and so does the logo up top...

Don't be so sure - Microsoft may be doing a viral campaign this time - I mean they are revealing it on MTV on May 12th.

I'm convinced that at least these two are real for 2 reasons.
1) They're pictures, not edits
2) Gamespot and IGN both posted them and stated that they appeared to be real.

[Image: xbox360_angle_hires.jpg]
[Image: xbox360_side_hires.jpg]
04-26-2005 04:18 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by blade
1) They're pictures, not edits
2) Gamespot and IGN both posted them and stated that they appeared to be real.

You ever heard of a decoy? It may be real or it may not, I just think that they aren't real and it's a stupid trick, how many times have people been proven wrong, with the right equipment, something like that could be made, for all you know, it could be a hollow shell that microsoft made to make people think that it's real...

Just because Gamespot and IGN said that "they appeared to be real" doesn't really make it real does it? It's just an opinion of two third party organisations...

This is just my opinion...
04-26-2005 04:24 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

You ever heard of a decoy? It may be real or it may not, I just think that they aren't real and it's a stupid trick, how many times have people been proven wrong, with the right equipment, something like that could be made, for all you know, it could be a hollow shell that microsoft made to make people think that it's real...

Just because Gamespot and IGN said that "they appeared to be real" doesn't really make it real does it? It's just an opinion of two third party organisations...

This is just my opinion...

I know they MAY turn out to be fake, but to me they appear to be real - not just because they are actualy physical models, but because the design looks like something Microsoft would use.
04-26-2005 04:26 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by blade
I know they MAY turn out to be fake, but to me they appear to be real - not just because they are actualy physical models, but because the design looks like something Microsoft would use.

Yes, but they only appear to be real, why can't people see that they may not be real, I doubt that they are real, I mean, it's not as if microsoft wouldn't be strict about a next-gen console is it :rolleyes:... Of course it probably isn't it, if it was, then microsoft would have stated that these images were probably real, I mean, a lot of the xbox's that were "real" when it first came out looked real, but they were fake, yes I remember, don't know how, but still, it was the same with the Playstation 2, there are some very talented individuals out there that can spend enough time and make something like a spoon look as real as it can get, have you ever taken that quiz about "what's real and what's not", if you have, then you'd know what I was talking about, chances are, that that's a rendered image...

Plus, if they are leaked images, then why aren't they full size images rather than anything out, to me they seem like the corner or something, that's what it is, just a mesely corner, why would somebody take the time to get the xbox 2 ready and stuff so that they can take a high quality picture of the side of it? It makes no sense to me at all... Other than if it was say... a decoy?

How do you know that it looks like something microsoft would make, what other microsoft products have you seen, the xbox? Microsoft make other things than just rectangular blocks, since when were you the designer of Microsoft...

I have a lot of doubt about this design.... what's with all of these "gaming" threads aswell :S...
04-26-2005 04:37 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: