What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to remove "offline" status ?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
How to remove "offline" status ?
Author: Message:
BozzBozz

45 / Male / –
O.P. RE: How to remove "offline" status ?
What is this tag Madsen ?

And you know where I can find the /appearoffline command ? (when you type commands in the chat window).

Bozz.

This post was edited on 04-30-2005 at 03:46 PM by Fraisie.
04-30-2005 12:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
RE: How to remove "offline" status ?
lmao...does it make much difference getting rid of everything to do with it?  lmao if you dont like it dont use it lol......but up to you i suppose, I fail to see the logic behind your reason.

/appearoffline would be something you would need to change in plus.
Rafy.

04-30-2005 12:23 PM
BozzBozz

45 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: How to remove "offline" status ?
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Firstly if you don't want to use it then just don't use it, with your wife for instance unless you tell messenger to connect as "appear offline" then you won't - you will automatically be signed in as online.

This is not exactly true : you will be automatically be signed in as the last status used to be signed in.

quote:
You cannot send messages to people while your appearing as offline. You have to change your status to online/busy/away etc to send or recieve messages. Basicially there is no feature of msn messenger where only you can send messages and your contacts can't send them  back.

That is EXACTLY why I disagree with the "appearoffline" status !! :) and why also i cannot just "dont use it" !
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
A. Madsen was referring to the "(Offline)" that appears behind all your contacts that are currently offline.

quote:
Originally posted by BozzBozz

This is not exactly true : you will be automatically be signed in as the last status used to be signed in.

Well why not just not use the "appear offline" status instead of going to the trouble of removing it just because you get signed in as the last status used. You say you don't want to use it then don't use it and you'll never have this problem :). But in the long run it doesn't really matter does it :)

/appearoffline is indeed a Plus! command and i really can't see anyway you can remove it except for uninstalling Plus! which i advise is not worth doing :), as i said just don't use that feature if you don't need it. I'll probably never use the new mobile messaging feature except i'm not going to try and remove it.

This post was edited on 04-30-2005 at 12:30 PM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
I still have no idea why you wont to get rid of /appearoffline as well?
Just dont use it!

*me is getting confused lol.

This post was edited on 04-30-2005 at 12:28 PM by -rafy-.
Rafy.

04-30-2005 12:28 PM
BozzBozz

45 / Male / –
O.P. RE: How to remove "offline" status ?
Ok.. ok... ok....
I see the confusion here....
As you said : just dont use it ! Ok, I never used it, and i still dont use it ! that is ok.

The thing is I just dont want anyone to use it too :) (at least on my computer... it's only what i can do) so that's why i just want to force them to use other options.
Because again... i'd like to reach people at home when i'm out of home (at work, school, friends, etc...). (and again, it is the msn install on my computer at home that i modified ;) )

Bozz.
04-30-2005 12:37 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
oh ok i see what you mean now as well, why not just tell them that you'd like them to not use that feature! It saves alot of time and if you explain to them why i'm sure they'd do it! Most people use the "appear offline" feature when they want to see if its worth signing in - if theres anyone online that they want to talk to. They could use it anyway and then if they saw you online they could then come online and talk :)
Segosa is newb.
04-30-2005 01:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BozzBozz

45 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: How to remove "offline" status ?
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Most people use the "appear offline" feature when they want to see if its worth signing in - if theres anyone online that they want to talk to.

That's a lost of time !!
quote:
They could use it anyway and then if they saw you online they could then come online and talk :)

And what about the others ?? what about the ones who want, or who NEED to talk, say, ask something....
You're not listening to me...

Bozz.
04-30-2005 01:58 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
As you said : just dont use it ! Ok, I never used it, and i still dont use it ! that is ok.

The thing is I just dont want anyone to use it too :) (at least on my computer... it's only what i can do) so that's why i just want to force them to use other options.
Because again... i'd like to reach people at home when i'm out of home (at work, school, friends, etc...). (and again, it is the msn install on my computer at home that i modified ;) )
That sounds equaly if not more egoistic then:
quote:
- I think it's very egoist to only be able to send message, and not receive them !!!!
and also a bit of an invasion of your wife's privacy (Personaly, I would never do that to my wife, and also wouldn't tolerate it if my wife would do something like that against me, but that's a personal opinion). What if she wants to check if someone is online or monitor something without appearing online??? (and that is exactly the function of "appear offline")

And for the record: removing the "appear offline" buttons, menu's, commands, etc... will not prevent your wife at all to sign in as appearing offline. It is completely useless to remove those things...

This post was edited on 04-30-2005 at 03:12 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-30-2005 03:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: