What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » some questions for a beginner at PLUS

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
some questions for a beginner at PLUS
Author: Message:
akhmu

O.P. Huh?  some questions for a beginner at PLUS
Hello,
I recently installed Messenger Plus and love your stuff..but since I am very new I have couple of questions and would aprreciate your reply:

- When I right click on a name in my messenger list and go to PLus and check on the ' contact info" ..it shows me the last time seen online and last time on chat..I am not sure if this info is for that person that has been online and chat or is this my info being with this person? for example:
I checked this persons contact info and it showed me that this person was seen online 2 days and 59 minutes ago..Yesterday I deleted this contact and added again and now the contact info was showing just 20 minutes being seen online..I am pretty sure that this person is not online due to the time difference..so is this then my info checking on this person and showing the time? I hope I was a bit clear? Is there anyway that this information can be done in the way of dates and not days? Like person online on April 30, 8.55 GMT or something like that?

- I have been told that there is a way to find out who has opened my window in MSN withour writing me a message..but I can not find this option ..What do I have to do?

More questions will probably follow up when I get more into PLUS ..but meanwhile pls help on this.

THanks   
05-02-2005 02:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: some questions for a beginner at PLUS
quote:
Originally posted by akhmu
When I right click on a name in my messenger list and go to PLus and check on the ' contact info" ..it shows me the last time seen online and last time on chat..I am not sure if this info is for that person that has been online and chat or is this my info being with this person? for example:
Contact info is for the last time both of u were online and to my knowledege works cause some info is stored when he/she (yr contact) comes online :)

quote:
- I have been told that there is a way to find out who has opened my window in MSN withour writing me a message..but I can not find this option ..What do I have to do?
Sorry i didnt get that one clearly .... could u explain a bit more :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
05-02-2005 02:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:

This no longer works as the new msn messenger works in a different way sorry :(
05-02-2005 02:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
- When I right click on a name in my messenger list and go to PLus and check on the ' contact info" ..it shows me the last time seen online and last time on chat..I am not sure if this info is for that person that has been online and chat or is this my info being with this person? for example:
I checked this persons contact info and it showed me that this person was seen online 2 days and 59 minutes ago..Yesterday I deleted this contact and added again and now the contact info was showing just 20 minutes being seen online..I am pretty sure that this person is not online due to the time difference..so is this then my info checking on this person and showing the time? I hope I was a bit clear? Is there anyway that this information can be done in the way of dates and not days? Like person online on April 30, 8.55 GMT or something like that?

If I think I know what you mean, it's the time that this contact has been online and you have been online at the same time, not how long he has been on completely...
05-02-2005 02:32 PM
akhmu

O.P. RE: some questions for a beginner at PLUS
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:

When I right click on a name in my messenger list and go to PLus and check on the ' contact info" ..it shows me the last time seen online and last time on chat..I am not sure if this info is for that person that has been online and chat or is this my info being with this person? for example:

Contact info is for the last time both of u were online and to my knowledege works cause some info is stored when he/she (yr contact) comes online

So if I understand correctly , you mean that this person was online at that time even if not being in chat with me, correct? I think this is not correct, as I deleted this person yesterday and when added again ..it was showing that it was again about 20 minutes on line and chat.. and I am sure that this is not correct as this person was in a different time frame and for sure sleeping at that time..so I am very confused what this 'Contact Info" is about whom?   

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:

This no longer works as the new msn messenger works in a different way sorry :(

_ really? how about the stuff plug in? msn geeks is saying that this still does work..but I am not sure which stuff plug in to install?
Also is there anyway to see who has blocked me on the list? Yep the same old question :-)
05-02-2005 02:35 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:

So if I understand correctly , you mean that this person was online at that time even if not being in chat with me, correct? I think this is not correct, as I deleted this person yesterday and when added again ..it was showing that it was again about 20 minutes on line and chat.. and I am sure that this is not correct as this person was in a different time frame and for sure sleeping at that time..so I am very confused what this 'Contact Info" is about whom? 

U deleteing a contact only means he aint on ur list and then he cant talk with u as he aint on ur list :) But u can still do that cause u r on his list. U can chat with him by rt clicking the icon of msn messenger in the system tray and clicking send msg. Then click the 'other' tab. Type his email addy and u can chat :D
U deleted him from ur list but the earlier stats of urs with him still remain so hence u still see that he was online for that much time :)

EDIT:

quote:
Also is there anyway to see who has blocked me on the list? Yep the same old question
Block checkers dont work usually :) But u can goto Messenger Mad and try their block checker. It tells u if the person is online ... if it says that he/she is and yet u cant see em on ur list so u have been blocked :P
I dunno if they do work and how well they do. There is a post by cookie about it (someone pm me the link ... ill put it here if i dont get it :))
But u can give it a try :)
Btw ... plz dont make double posts and Read Forum Rules :D

This post was edited on 05-02-2005 at 02:44 PM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
05-02-2005 02:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
you can see the contact's name or email, the last time they were online, the last time you had a chat with them, if they have Plus! installed

You may want to check out http://www.msgplus.net/help_faq.php
For some Frequently Asked Questions... additionally please visit
http://www.msgplus.net/features_all.php
05-02-2005 02:40 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

Well these "msn geeks" that you're talking about are wrong, the msn messenger servers connect you to people when you're downloading their display pictures and things.

The open-window Notifier tells you when somebody opens a connection with you, it detects any connections with another MSN user, so it would detect you downloading their display picture. Therefore, it no longer works...

Stuffplug is an amazing plugin for messenger plus...

Block checkers no longer work anymore...
05-02-2005 02:40 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:

Also is there anyway to see who has blocked me on the list? Yep the same old question
If you wish to find out exactly why they don't work, you can read why Block checkers DO NOT work. By clicking here.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
05-02-2005 03:52 PM
akhmu

O.P. RE: some questions for a beginner at PLUS
Contact info..** sorry still more questions***

I am kind of confused and need some detailed explanation on Messenger Plus features..I have tried to read the whole tuturial as well FAQ and still not able to find a clear explanation..pls helppppppppppp

1- when I right click on a contact on my list and go messenger plus/ contact info it shows me the list time seen online time and last time on chat..usually this 2 info are the same..whose info is that? mine checking on this person or this person really being online? I have not been with this person in a chat but it still shows that this person was on chat..so not sure what this info is about..any more detailed info?

2- When in the msn messenger tool bar I go to contact list clean..the same contact is showing up..I deleted this contact and readded..and now in the contact clean list the last being online and chat is unknown..but still in the contact info it shows that he was online and on chat let's say 1 day ago, why?

3- How am I able to reset this info? it is a bit hard to calculate days back and was wondering if there is anyway to change this to date like April 03..5.00am Pacific time instead of 2 days ago?

Sorry for my many questions but the main reason I installed the Messenger Plus is because of this option and I am just not understanding it correctly..

Thanks for your help       
05-03-2005 06:48 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: