What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Wikipedia.org vs Encarta&Britannica

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Wikipedia.org vs Encarta&Britannica
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Wikipedia.org vs Encarta&Britannica
quote:
Originally posted by alegator
My question is: say you have broadband access and are good at searching info on the net, would you still have one of these encyclopedias installed? Do they have any added value?

Yes, I would still have one of these installed, purely because you may not find what you need on the internet, you can't tell me that you can find everything you want on the internet when you need it... It just won't happen :-/...

05-03-2005 06:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
alegator

O.P. RE: Wikipedia.org vs Encarta&Britannica
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

Yes, I would still have one of these installed, purely because you may not find what you need on the internet, you can't tell me that you can find everything you want on the internet when you need it... It just won't happen :-/...

Well, I bet that neither Enc nor Brit will be able to provide you an answer 100% of all times, whereas the net will as its content is not limited.
The power of wikipedia is that millions of net users around the world like you and me are constantly editing content (of course these edits are reviewed/filtered by pro editors), thus making its content more unique and updated. I found it very complete and content not showing in either enc or brit.

This post was edited on 05-03-2005 at 07:44 AM by alegator.
05-03-2005 07:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: