What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » serious problem with msgplus. please help

serious problem with msgplus. please help
Author: Message:
Sally

O.P. serious problem with msgplus. please help
I can no longer message anyone after installing msgPlus.  whenever I double-click on someone and try to message him, there would be a pop up saying "we were unable to start a conversation with ________. you may want to try again."  Also, I cannot receive any messages from other people.  I have tried to fix this by unistalling msg plus AND msn7 and reinstall them but the problem was solved.  Can anyone help?

THANK YOU

i mean, the problem was NOT solved.  sorry there was a typo.

This post was edited on 05-05-2005 at 03:10 AM by WDZ.
05-04-2005 11:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: serious problem with msgplus. please help
This is most likely caused by the handwriting plugin, but in that case you should not have the problem when you completely removed Messenger Plus!. Make sure you remove all the Plus! settings when you un-install Messenger Plus! and reboot your PC after it.

Did you try it when Messenger Plus! wasn’t installed on your system?

Did you install any other plugins beside Messenger Plus? If so, disable them all to see what is causing the problem.

If that still doesn’t help: tell us which Windows version you use, exact MSN Messenger version, Messenger Plus! version, and which other MSN plugins/addons if you have any?
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-05-2005 12:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sally

O.P. RE: serious problem with msgplus. please help
yes thank you so much.  My problem is all solved now and I can finally use msn again =)    I realized that I missed the handwriting plugin that came seperately from msg plus.  i installed it a long time ago but the problem occured after installation of msg plus. 
so i just un-installed the handwriting plugin and reinstalled msn.
05-05-2005 01:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: