What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed

[Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed
Author: Message:
TWDman

37 / Male / –
O.P. [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed
"There are other applications currently using features provided by MSN Messenger. You must close these other applications before you can ext MSN Messenger. These applications may include Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN, MSN Explorer, Internet Explorer, and Three Degrees"

This is the message I get when I want to close MSN Messenger when Outlook is still running. Maybe this can fixed in the next version of Messenger Plus!, becaues it's rather anoying to quit Outlook first, than close Messenger and then again restart Outlook, when I want to close Messenger. Outlook can run without Messenger running at the same time! I've requested this when Patchou was making MP!2 (maybe it was 2.?) and then he made it. I was wondering why it isn't here in MP!3.5 anymore

TWDman
05-03-2005 05:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TWDman

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed
am I the only one who thinks this could be fixed?

This post was edited on 05-12-2005 at 05:26 AM by TWDman.
05-12-2005 05:25 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed
Which version of Windows are you running? With Windows XP you should only get this with Windows Messenger not MSN Messenger. But technically there wouldn't be a way around it because the API is in use and cannot be shutdown until the other Application closes and the call to the API is terminated.
05-12-2005 07:12 AM
cbrobotech

antedeg mon

windows messenger sux, sometime i hav a lot of problems
05-12-2005 04:45 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by cbrobotech
windows messenger sux, sometime i hav a lot of problems

Err....please think before you post. Windows Messenger is less attractive for the home user because it lacks many of the visual features of MSN Messenger, but it is very practical for corporate users who want a way to communicate and nothing else.

quote:
Originally posted by TWDman
"There are other applications currently using features provided by MSN Messenger. You must close these other applications before you can ext MSN Messenger. These applications may include Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN, MSN Explorer, Internet Explorer, and Three Degrees"

This is the message I get when I want to close MSN Messenger when Outlook is still running. Maybe this can fixed in the next version of Messenger Plus!, becaues it's rather anoying to quit Outlook first, than close Messenger and then again restart Outlook, when I want to close Messenger. Outlook can run without Messenger running at the same time! I've requested this when Patchou was making MP!2 (maybe it was 2.?) and then he made it. I was wondering why it isn't here in MP!3.5 anymore

TWDman

This situation is Windows/Outlook version dependant. Could you please post both your Windows version and Outlook versions?
[Image: 7.png]
05-12-2005 04:51 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Prevent Messenger from Running In Outlook Express

I use this all the time for Windows Messenger but I doubt it will work for MSN Messenger.
05-12-2005 05:24 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TWDman

TWDman
I remember it as well that Patchou made a way around to exit messenger even if Hotmail ect was open. I was gonna request this as a plugin (which could be easily made) but im too lazy and forget to make the thread :P
05-12-2005 10:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
Crash MSN lol :P

It closes when I have Hotmail open when MSN decides to crashe for some unknown reason.
05-12-2005 10:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: