What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Bot Developers Kit available! (Update 16-05)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   Bot Developers Kit available! (Update 16-05)
Author: Message:
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bot Developers Kit coming up
quote:
Originally posted by TheGeek
I was thinking of that because I like the scripting host plugin.
With that plugin you could make custom tags and with the botDK you could make a fully featured bot.
So please hurry with the development, because I like the idea. (Y)
I'm thinking about supporting VBScript and JScript as well for creating BotDK plugins in a future version :).
05-14-2005 05:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
RE: Bot Developers Kit coming up
is your plugin based on msn proxy?? the thing i didnt like about yours and the reason why is started writting mine is that to add a bot you would need as requirements too many things: msgplus! msnproxy AND the plugin dll AND besides that, telling the user to configure his/her msn to user socket4, which most regular users would be scared of doing, and when you have a connection through the proxy if you happen to close the proxy you would lose your connection
im not using hooks, but frm what i read, i dont completely understand why you need to set msn to use socket4, since your intercepting API calls, firewalls do it without configuring anything in every single app

good luck
hope to see your plugin soon, keep up the good work

05-14-2005 06:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bot Developers Kit coming up
quote:
Originally posted by Hilikus
is your plugin based on msn proxy?? the thing i didnt like about yours and the reason why is started writting mine is that to add a bot you would need as requirements too many things: msgplus! msnproxy AND the plugin dll AND besides that, telling the user to configure his/her msn to user socket4, which most regular users would be scared of doing, and when you have a connection through the proxy if you happen to close the proxy you would lose your connection
im not using hooks, but frm what i read, i dont completely understand why you need to set msn to use socket4, since your intercepting API calls, firewalls do it without configuring anything in every single app

good luck
hope to see your plugin soon, keep up the good work
The plugin contains some MSN Proxy technology, but is written completely from scratch. Using this plugin, you don't need to configure MSN Messenger to use SOCKS4, like with MSN Proxy. MSN Proxy is a separate program, so it's not able to intercept API calls. BotDK is loaded inside the memory space of MSN Messenger, so it can intercept API calls.
05-14-2005 06:47 PM
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
RE: Bot Developers Kit coming up
awesome!!
05-14-2005 08:11 PM
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bot Developers Kit v1.00 beta 1 available!
I've updated the opening post. I've released the first beta version of BotDK :D.
05-14-2005 08:27 PM
Martijn.

Previously known as |\/|artij|\|

34 / Male / –
Sad  RE: Bot Developers Kit v1.00 beta 1 available!
I installed it and the first thing I noticed was that it's incompatible with StuffPlug-NG, and I don't know if it could be BotDK, but suddenly all my custom emoticons are gone:(.

I like the idea, but I'm going to leave it alone until I can use it together with SPNG, sorry...
"If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom."
05-15-2005 10:41 AM
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by |\/|artij|\|
I installed it and the first thing I noticed was that it's incompatible with StuffPlug-NG, and I don't know if it could be BotDK, but suddenly all my custom emoticons are gone:(.

I like the idea, but I'm going to leave it alone until I can use it together with SPNG, sorry...
Hmz, I don't think that BotDK can cause your custom emoticons to disappear, because it doesn't do anything with them.

In which way is it incompatible with StuffPlug-NG? Please give me some more details on that, so I can solve the problem. Thanks for your feedback.
05-15-2005 11:15 AM
Martijn.

Previously known as |\/|artij|\|

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: Bot Developers Kit v1.00 beta 1 available!
quote:
Originally posted by mrhuge
quote:

Hmz, I don't think that BotDK can cause your custom emoticons to disappear, because it doesn't do anything with them.

In which way is it incompatible with StuffPlug-NG? Please give me some more details on that, so I can solve the problem. Thanks for your feedback.

Incompatibility with StuffPlug-NG is in the way that SPNG's menu's hang at "loading" status all the time, and it's options aren't properly loaded all the time. I guess that this happens because of the fact that both plugins hook Messenger, and in that way interfere with each other.

EDIT: The emoticons disappearing isn't a coincidence, just enables BotDK again to retry it, and all my custom emoticons and display pictures are gone again, and SPNG stopped working :(.

This post was edited on 05-16-2005 at 06:07 PM by Martijn..
"If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom."
05-15-2005 12:11 PM
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
quote:
Incompatibility with StuffPlug-NG is in the way that SPNG's menu's hang at "loading" status all the time, and it's options aren't properly loaded all the time. I guess that this happens because of the fact that both plugins hook Messenger, and in that way interfere with each other.
Hmz, only thing BotDK hooks is 2 winsock functions (send, recv). Could that interfere with SPNG? TheBlasphemer?
05-15-2005 12:41 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Bot Developers Kit v1.00 beta 1 available!
i dont know if its supposed to or not but when i tick a box next to a plugin and then close the config window and reopen it its unticked
05-15-2005 03:16 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: