What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » How to make bigger emoticons?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
How to make bigger emoticons?
Author: Message:
Jake999

O.P. RE: How to make bigger emoticons?
how use it to do this ?
05-19-2005 10:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: How to make bigger emoticons?
If you have Spng installed and configured (splash screen after installing or from conversationwindow: plus > plugins > stuffplug-NG > options/configuration) to allow bigger emotes it will ask you if you wanna keep the original size ;)

This post was edited on 05-20-2005 at 04:56 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-20-2005 04:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
reviisori

I'm sorry to post to such an old topic. This thread is one of the top hits on google for the topic, and I think it deserves a good answer.

The maximum size of normal MSN emoticons (without plugins or addons) is 50x50 pixels. To get the maximum size, your emoticon has to be an animated gif file. This means that even emoticons that don't look like animations have to have at least two frames, even if the frames are identical.

If the emoticons is not in the correct format, MSN will shrink it to a measly 19x19 pixels.

Luckily, there are tools that do the work for you, and they are a lot quicker than going through the motions in Photoshop.

I recommend http://www.emoticonize.com.

If you want to do it by hand in a paint program and you have a picture that is not animated, you might end up in trouble. Many animation tools "optimize" the identical frames away, leaving only one frame. MSN doesn't like that. You could try changing one pixel to a slightly different color, if you can't turn the optimization feature off.
01-17-2009 10:49 AM
Link_of_Hyrule

You may also try the "3D Emoticons" that the Microsoft Devs in france made I posted about it on my blog HERE.
01-17-2009 07:26 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: