What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Star Wars III

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Star Wars III
Author: Message:
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Star Wars III
It was awesome :D, saw it yesterday :P!

I won't ruin what happens for anyone but DARTH VADER is ANIKAN :O
Segosa is newb.
05-21-2005 12:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Darkphyre

– / Male / –
Oh God. It was awful. I can't decide if it was better or worse than Episode I. I'm leaning towards worse.

Anakin: You're so beautiful.
Padme: It's because I'm in love with you.
Anakin: No, it's because I'm in love with you.
Padme: Ok. Well, I've got to go to the Senate now. We're going to make Palpatine the Emperor.
Anakin: Cool. See you later.
Padme: Ok. You hang up.
Anakin: No you.
Padme: No, you.
Anakin: No, you do it.
Padme: No, you hang up.
Anakin: No, you hang up, *****!
*force chokes Padme until she dies*
Anakin: Now I'm gonna go get me some of that fine Twi'lek ass.
Palpatine: Join me, and I will teach you how to use the power of the Dark Side to accomplish this goal.
Anakin: Ok.
Palpatine: Good. Now bend over.

^ I think this scene would have significantly improved the quality of the movie. Especially if it occured 30 seconds after the opening text finished.
05-21-2005 01:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
uh huh.

I found it the best of all the starwars movies....

The story line is definately the most compelling as it shows the transition of governments. How a democracy falls to a dictatorship....

The symbolism was woah! Yoda's fight with Palpatine in the senate chamber, good vs evil, and the fight in the chamber a metaphor for the battle between good ANn evil, and the destruction of democracy!

brilliant stuff.....

I liked the scenes where palpatine exectuted his plan and the clone army turned on the jedis and begun to kill them...that was very well done.

Rafy.

05-21-2005 01:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lt.Col.DraGon

35 / Male / Flag
Hehe, well i just came back from seeing the movie...

I want to say that it is a great movie, really good stuff there. But the bad thing is that you already know what is going to happen at the end of episode III because many of you have already seen episode IV - VI .

Recommendations: GO AND SEE THE FREAKIN MOVIE, IT IS GREAT!
05-21-2005 03:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
yes! i finally got to see it :cheesy:
quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
I found it the best of all the starwars movies....
i don't agree, they are all awesome. i loved and will always love all of them equally. even though this one was the coolest thing i ever saw in my life!!. .. fine maybe your right.

omg. yoda :bow:
i loved that movie, it was brilliant. everything was perfect. i wanna go see it again :cheesy:
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

05-21-2005 05:33 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: RE: Star Wars III
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
It's already avaliable on the internet, the movie people are NOT happy :dodgy:

I was wondering when that would happen. Haven't seen any news articles on it though. I'm not a huge Star Wars freak (don't take it the wrong way guys) but I do like the movies. Lucas has done a great job (although the first one I didn't like). I might be seeing it tomorrow. That is, depending on whether or not I want to wake up at 8:30am (it's my first day off from work!).
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
05-21-2005 09:40 AM
emit
Disabled Account

I think the majority of you are crazy/blind. The acting, the dialogue, the directing was totally disjointed. George Lucas can't direct for shit. He turns what could've been an amazing film into something disjointed and stilted and just... urgh, infuriatingly disappointing. Don't get me the wrong... the CGI kicks arse, the fight scenes rock as ever, but the thread of the film doesn't flow. I will forever love Star Wars, but I feel let down by all the prequels and how disjointed they were.  You know, perhaps the CGI was too much... they don't even use REAL SAND ANYMORE. And Yoda should've been a puppet when he was sitting down/walking. I was just terribly let down - the films linked nicely, the action was cool enough, but the substance in the acting and dialogue lacked terribly and they will just be mediocre films.

M.
05-22-2005 03:23 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
I just saw the movie this morning. I thought it was pretty good. Although the acting and the lines were pretty awful. I liked the ending and how it all tied into the other movies.

Although I think Lucas used too much cg. I'm a huge fan of minitures and animatronics and puppets (e.g Tremors, Jaws, Aliens to name a few). It got on my nerves a bit.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
05-22-2005 04:51 AM
Darkphyre

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Star Wars III
quote:
Originally posted by Time
I think the majority of you are crazy/blind. The acting, the dialogue, the directing was totally disjointed. George Lucas can't direct for shit. He turns what could've been an amazing film into something disjointed and stilted and just... urgh, infuriatingly disappointing. Don't get me the wrong... the CGI kicks arse, the fight scenes rock as ever, but the thread of the film doesn't flow. I will forever love Star Wars, but I feel let down by all the prequels and how disjointed they were.  You know, perhaps the CGI was too much... they don't even use REAL SAND ANYMORE. And Yoda should've been a puppet when he was sitting down/walking. I was just terribly let down - the films linked nicely, the action was cool enough, but the substance in the acting and dialogue lacked terribly and they will just be mediocre films.

M.

Amen.

However, I found the action scenes quite boring compared to those in Episodes 1 & 2. And since the acting didn't improve, this film had absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Worst of the prequels, none of which come even close to the originals.
05-22-2005 11:23 PM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
I completly disagree with the acting being bad, Hayden sure sucks I agree with that, he can't act and sounds like an ass being romantic. At the end of the movie when he's evil he rocks though... and Palpatine probably had the best voice... EVER.... he rocks!
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
05-23-2005 11:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: