What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Eurovision Song Contest.... You Opinions & Predictions

Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
Eurovision Song Contest.... You Opinions & Predictions
Author: Message:
Servien

37 / Male / –
RE: Eurovision Song Contest.... You Opinions & Predictions
This year it sucked. NL wasn't even there... and the Greek one sucked she is such an arrogant ****, just pushed everyone out of the way. They should make a West-European Song contest... Israel isn't even IN Europe, Turkey isn't either but anyway (okay 8% of the country is in Europe, but most of it isn't, so it isn't!) Ísland wasn't even there, they were kinda good. Oh yeah and the only good thing about Hungary was the dancing, the singing sucked muy grande!

The Dutch presenter for next year should say: "Dôg woeperts, met Bob de Rooij hier... bedônk voor 'n fantastisch politiek spel".

Translation: Good day oaks (SA English for 'guys'), Bob de Rooij here... thanks for a fantastic political game".
05-22-2005 08:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
siebe

37 / Male / –
Oh stop whining.

I guess you didn't pay too much attention in geoph did you? Israel has always been part of Europe. Besides that, Turkey has a "good" chance to become a member of the European union next, so it's only fair they can participate.

Now for your political game thing. It's not. Maybe it has been last year. But to me this year was way better. Or wait, don't tell me you didnt pay attention to the results :O A lot of countries didn't vote for the most obvious ones. Also, most of the countries which everyone though would end high because of "friendly votes" ended up rather low on the charts.

Oh and, if there's one thing we learned.. It doesn't matter how many drums you have. Notice how most of the "normal" songs ended up being pretty high? (Take Malta, or Israel for example).

The Dutch presentors should also get a big fat kick under their lazy ass and get the hell out of there. Last year all they did was making racist jokes and this year was no different with their sarcasm and other crap. That they're angry because the Netherlands didn't participate, fine, but at least give a normal showing. I switched to the BBC halfway through beause I couldn't stand them.

And NL wasn't "even" there? Wow, I guess there must have been a reason for that. Maybe becase we keep submitting crap songs? Hmm I wonder. Oh and please don't tell me your one of those people that will now vote "No" for the European constitution now that we're not participating in the EVSC anymore?

All things aside, Israel should've won IMHO, but hey, Greece was nice too. Malta also deserved that second place, if not first above Greece. As for the big countries ending up last.. Totally their own fault, they submitted crap songs (it must've been UKs worst song I've seen so far).
21 December 2012.
05-22-2005 07:42 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by siebe
As for the big countries ending up last.. Totally their own fault, they submitted crap songs (it must've been UKs worst song I've seen so far).

Its all to do with cultures, Britian, France, Germany and Spain are the most influenced by American culture, and the music that they release coincides with american pop-culture. The other countries all have a similar culture, and so their pop-culture is similar. Saying that, Greece really did deserve to win.

quote:
Oh and please don't tell me your one of those people that will now vote "No" for the European constitution now that we're not participating in the EVSC anymore?

The EVSC isn't meant to be politics, although it does turn to that more often than not. It's meant to be the bringing together of countries, a bit of fun.

quote:
Now for your political game thing. It's not. Maybe it has been last year. But to me this year was way better. Or wait, don't tell me you didnt pay attention to the results  A lot of countries didn't vote for the most obvious ones. Also, most of the countries which everyone though would end high because of "friendly votes" ended up rather low on the charts.

there was some neighbourly voting going on, in general countries gave other countries in the same region, i.e. the boltics, nordics etc... realtively high votes.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
05-22-2005 08:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
It has gone on for sometime now, that countries that have history, or neighbours, have a tendacy to vote for each other. ie: All the ex-Yugoslavian countries vote for each other, all the ex-USSR ones the same. Cyprus votes for Turkey/Greece, and gets votes back from them.

The political voting wasn't quite as bad last year, where every country that was FOR the Iraq war got poor votes.

I do think that the UK song really sucked. Although many of the songs did. Out of those there, Greece was one of the few good ones, IMO.
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
05-22-2005 09:33 PM
siebe

37 / Male / –
quote:
The EVSC isn't meant to be politics, although it does turn to that more often than not. It's meant to be the bringing together of countries, a bit of fun.
I know that, I guess youre not from the Netherlands. Right after we [the Netherlands] were kicked out of the semi-finals they did another poll at what people would vote for on the EU constitution. Before, opinions were rather negative, but now they're off the scale. The EVSC has really influenced voting here, even though the reasoning behind it is highly moronic.

quote:
there was some neighbourly voting going on, in general countries gave other countries in the same region, i.e. the boltics, nordics etc... realtively high votes.
Much much less than there used to be
21 December 2012.
05-23-2005 05:15 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
The only reason Great Britain does bad is because of the war. Stupid Tony Blair has to go and help America because the 2 countries are friends.

Great Britains performance was brilliant! I may come from England, but I know when music is good or bad, and that was good. But still.. came somewhere like 4th from last.

Also, countries vote for their naybours. Like for instance, Sweden gives full points to Norway. Before, people accually voted for the best music. Now, the Eurovision Song Contest is falling apart. No one cares about the music any more.

People should forget about what country they are representing, whats happening elsewere, like wars. Most of Great Britain does not even want war. I don't no anyone that does want war with Iraq. But still, countries don't vote for how good the music is.

Anyway, that's my view. :)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
05-23-2005 10:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: