What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Intel Graphics Controller

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Intel Graphics Controller
Author: Message:
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
RE: Intel Graphics Controller
you need to download the bios rom file, and boot into dos

(pure dos, no device drivers or nothing)

these days you can also flash from windows but a restart is still required

what you should do is
download

Everest Home
http://www.lavalys.hu/downloads/everesthome200.exe

and find out your motherboard manufacturer, and download the latest bios revision for your mainboard

and you can still get motherboards for your cpu type
05-28-2005 08:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Intel Graphics Controller
Ok how do i update bops cause the program says that the manufacturer is unknown :S

Plz help :-/

[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
05-28-2005 03:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
See if there is a setting in your BIOS that adjusts the AGP Aperature (sp?) size, this is what controls how much onboard memory is donated to the onboard graphics chip
05-28-2005 04:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Apatik

\o/

– / Male / Flag
eer, are you sure that the agp aperture size has anything to do with the IGC? :-/

IGCs are not meant to run 'real' 3D games anyway *-)
[Image: rdmazu.php]
05-28-2005 07:53 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Ok i dont have a graphics card (:-/ No agp slot :'() and thus my pc uses the default intel extreme graphics controller ... my motherboard is 815E
This controller can have upto 32 MB. originally it gave me 4 MB only and then i tweaked bios a bit and i got 8 MB but how can i get it to 32mb.
By tweaking i mean i turned on video caching :)
A friend has the 845 series motherboard and he can clearly see a setting to say how much he wants his controller to use ...
I know that it uses the ram to work as a GC. I mean that it takes a few MB out so windows will show a few MB less. Thats fine with me cause i have 256 MB SD ram and i have 108 MB ram to spare at any moment. So i dont mind losing a few MB.
Can someone help cause the help will be greatly appreciated. I can play so many games :rolleyes:
Btw .... Dxconfig shows that i have "Approx Graphic Memory = 32 MB" So thats my max capacity.
EA's "EAsy Info" shows that i have 8 MB so thats how much i actually have :)

omg i have the same shit..4mb its intergrated but how did u get it to go to 8mb?!

how do u turn on video cacheing?
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

05-28-2005 08:42 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
eer, are you sure that the agp aperture size has anything to do with the IGC? :-/

IGCs are not meant to run 'real' 3D games anyway *-)

Well he's asking how to increase the desegnated system memory for the graphics controler, and on my old computer that had an onboard graphics chip, you increased the AGP Aperature size. And an IGC should behave in exactly the same way.
05-28-2005 09:06 PM
Apatik

\o/

– / Male / Flag
agp aperture size is basically the amount of system memory shared with the gpu's..

thanks google :p
[Image: rdmazu.php]
05-28-2005 09:21 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Madman
See if there is a setting in your BIOS that adjusts the AGP Aperature (sp?) size, this is what controls how much onboard memory is donated to the onboard graphics chip
Well that is there in the 845 series chipset but since mine is the 815E series i dont have that option :cry:

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
how do u turn on video cacheing?
When the Pc starts press "delete" to open BIOS (u knew that i know :P) then in BIOS goto the 3rd option from the top which is "Advanced something something"
In that there will be an option called system catch, video catch and there are 2 more cache things ....
Turn on the video cache and ur done :)
Well to turn on just clickpage down when the cursor is on it or press enter then select the option ... (if u didnt know)

quote:
Originally posted by Madman

Well he's asking how to increase the desegnated system memory for the graphics controler, and on my old computer that had an onboard graphics chip, you increased the AGP Aperature size. And an IGC should behave in exactly the same way.
AGP Aperature size is in the same option as above rite ?? Then it aint there. It is there in the 845 series chipset :)
Btw ... whats the IGC change thing ??
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
05-29-2005 06:11 AM
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Ok i dont have a graphics card (:-/ No agp slot :'() and thus my pc uses the default intel extreme graphics controller ... my motherboard is 815E
This controller can have upto 32 MB. originally it gave me 4 MB only and then i tweaked bios a bit and i got 8 MB but how can i get it to 32mb.
By tweaking i mean i turned on video caching :)
A friend has the 845 series motherboard and he can clearly see a setting to say how much he wants his controller to use ...
I know that it uses the ram to work as a GC. I mean that it takes a few MB out so windows will show a few MB less. Thats fine with me cause i have 256 MB SD ram and i have 108 MB ram to spare at any moment. So i dont mind losing a few MB.
Can someone help cause the help will be greatly appreciated. I can play so many games :rolleyes:
Btw .... Dxconfig shows that i have "Approx Graphic Memory = 32 MB" So thats my max capacity.
EA's "EAsy Info" shows that i have 8 MB so thats how much i actually have :)

OMG, never thought of that, i have the chipset 810E on my other PC, logically integrated video too with 4MB, and I was thinking to buy a GeForce4 PCI Version, if it still exists....it's an option, and I think it's the best one, because changing the MB you'll need to change probably the CPU too, of course it won't have the same performance like a AGP card.

This post was edited on 05-29-2005 at 07:07 AM by YottabyteWizard.
05-29-2005 07:05 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Ya but the PCI card is much more costlier than a Agp card and i cant afford it. So for me this is the best option cause as i said i have lost of free ram so i can afford to loose 10 - 20 MB :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
05-29-2005 02:22 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend