What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » plus for mac os X

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
plus for mac os X
Author: Message:
cclemente

O.P. plus for mac os X
hello, i'm form spain and i'm new in this forum...
I would like to know if there is a version of MsgPlus for mac os X becouse the official version is very poor...

THANKS
05-29-2005 11:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
uberdosis

digital evil

37 / Male / –
RE: plus for mac os X
i think they are calling the official version of msn messenger for osx poor.
[Image: skav.jpg]
05-29-2005 11:59 AM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
There is no version of plus! for mac and there never will be due to lack of API on the mac version of MSN Messenger. Basically MSN Messenger for mac does not have the technology for plus to run on.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
05-29-2005 12:21 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
There is no version of plus! for mac and there never will be due to lack of API on the mac version of MSN Messenger. Basically MSN Messenger for mac does not have the technology for plus to run on.

Also patchou does not own one and there is not enough demand for it :P
05-29-2005 03:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cclemente
hello, i'm form spain and i'm new in this forum...
I would like to know if there is a version of MsgPlus for mac os X becouse the official version is very poor...

THANKS

The mac msn versions are seriously horrible. I pesonally hate macs, but I think Microsoft should update their messenger clients to at least window's 6.2. I feel pain for my friends chatting on a mac :'(
05-29-2005 03:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
I wanna try a Mac to see what all the fuss is about but isn't there going to be a new version of the mac messenger that can send recieve files and display pictures soon?
05-30-2005 11:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: plus for mac os X
quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
can send recieve files

Already possible

quote:
and display pictures soon?

yea, i want that to because i have 3 mac contacts and i always feel something is missing in the chat window :)
05-30-2005 11:49 AM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lp15

The mac msn versions are seriously horrible. I pesonally hate macs, but I think Microsoft should update their messenger clients to at least window's 6.2. I feel pain for my friends chatting on a mac

well msn messenger is from microsoft, you know the company against apple, hell mac users are lucky they even get msn messenger, if they want a good IM they should be getting on apples ass not microsofts, its not microsofts fault apple hasnt made a decent IM client.

i think mac users should stop complaining and live with it, their choice for purchasing what they purchased :undecided:
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
05-30-2005 12:01 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[OFFTOPIC]
quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
well msn messenger is from microsoft, you know the company against apple
Actually, MS is not against the Mac. MS also has created lots more then Messenger for the Mac (eg: almost all the Office applications like Word, Excel, etc have a Mac version) It is only that MS doesn't have the same amount of programmers for the Mac as for the PC, and also their interest isn't so much in the Mac. But that doesn't mean they hate it or boycot it or whatever... It is simply not interesting for them as their userbase are PC users... ;)
[/OFFTOPIC]

This post was edited on 05-30-2005 at 09:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-30-2005 09:43 PM
abraham_aiza

Grin  RE: plus for mac os X
ok...lets see....i am not a mac zealot, i am a ms windows disliker, let me see what i think:

OK PEOPLE WITH MAC....DOWNLOAD ADIUM...it has all the pretty plus of windows live messenger, except the IM logo, and webcam support...it skins, has transparencies...well u know...anything is possible in this app...oh and yes...it is SLICKER that plus! made by patchou...its not just an add on...its a whole new program (hey..u can get almost 100% of msn messenger without the million virus of windows....amazing huh?)

and yes, windows live messenger has a lot of tecnology, even so that i see it run on brand new computers and freezes a couple of minutes before u can actually use it! :banana:

so windows can :pound: to see if vista is capable of pairing to osx...anyway, they tried to copy it a bit...just a bit...

so patchou...i dont really care if you don't want to make a mac version of plus...i have linux AND vista in my macbook pro...and i dont even bother to use msn on windows, because a i have REAL software (no add ons) like ADIUM that look even better!!

see ya guys!!
08-06-2007 10:41 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: