What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Sug: Poll Bump

Sug: Poll Bump
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. Happy  Sug: Poll Bump
Well, what I think should happen, is that, when an option on a poll is chosen, it should be bumped to the top of the list in the Poll Center, and to the top of the list in the latest posts, like all of the other forums.

I think this should be done because most of the polls are at the "back" of latest posts, and basically forgotten about forever, because even when you vote, nothing happens, so what's the point?

I really think this idea should be incorporated into the forum, purely because the polls are constantly forgotten about.

05-31-2005 12:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Sug: Poll Bump
No, I don't think this idea is good. Having latest posts polluted with loads of polls every time someone votes would get annoying, lead people to hide the poll centre from latest posts, and no one would notice new polls.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
05-31-2005 12:54 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Sug: Poll Bump
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
No, I don't think this idea is good. Having latest posts polluted with loads of polls every time someone votes would get annoying, lead people to hide the poll centre from latest posts, and no one would notice new polls.

How often is there a poll though, I'm only talking about polls that are in the poll centre, hardly anybody visits there, but when they do, nobody knows about it, and 9 out of 10 times, the creator of the poll forgets about it :-/.
05-31-2005 01:00 PM
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
yeh if theres no replying allowed then it just moves further down and theres nothing you can do to show it again
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
05-31-2005 04:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
I think we should have it for about 6 - 8 hours on the list anyways. And if u feel irritated then use the "Hide Forums" feature that Dz has introduced :cheesy:
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-14-2005 10:14 AM
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
IMO no.  I can understand wanting it for Poll Centre in a way, but really  the poll centre is for getting an idea of public opinion, particularly for the thread poster.  If it's of communal interest or something you'd want to check back about to see if anyone else had voted, it deserves to be in GCC where people can accompany their oh-so-important vote with a reply.
06-18-2005 07:28 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: