What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Gfx card for 99 cents :|

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Gfx card for 99 cents :|
Author: Message:
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :|
Wll if i got it for that price i'd prolly chew on it or use it as a frisby or something, but tiz a good deal! (Y)
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
06-04-2005 07:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :|
quote:
Originally posted by Purity
Wll if i got it for that price i'd prolly chew on it or use it as a frisby or something, but tiz a good deal! (Y)

If you were going to do that with it, you should give it to me as a (very) early birthday present. Then I could get away from my MX440.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
06-04-2005 07:30 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :|
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Jus to annoy blade..

(A)

Oh and as was said, alot of things start at that price because it is a way to attract attention to the auctions - and you will notice it has 5 days left, lots of opportunity for bidding.
:lol: Good one ;)
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
It would be funny if you ended up having to buy it .
For that price, I would - no questions asked ;P
Absolutely ... no one would regret that deal .... i'd get the money if i didnt have it to but it at that price :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-04-2005 08:18 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
When buying on Ebay one needs to be smart, just wait till the bidding is almost done...let's say 10/15 mins left (even better the last minute :chrongue:), then place your bid. All bidding before that really is a waste of time and only ment to get the price up. It's easy to influence the price..by the seller himself too..he could have a friend bidding on his item to get it upto the price he really wants.

Ohh yeah, always look at the terms of shipping...prices etc. and if it's worldwide or not incase you don't live in the same country as the one selling the item. And look at the sellers reputation.

This post was edited on 06-04-2005 at 12:01 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-04-2005 12:00 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :|
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
When buying on Ebay one needs to be smart, just wait till the bidding is almost done...let's say 10/15 mins left (even better the last minute :chrongue:)

Yeah, you know how popular people who do that are? :p. Nah, but it is true that "snipering" works, and gets an almost certain succsessfull bid.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-04-2005 12:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
they do wait, i had something on for 10 days , and at day 9 it had only had 8 bids and was up to about £30 then in the last 15 mins on day 10 it went to £87 to some random new bidder that hadnt been bidding
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
06-04-2005 12:22 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :|
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Is it just me or do the bids from codex_it look just a bit dodgy?
why? because he raised with $5 and then with $10? Nothing wierd with that....

I think so, because there were no bids between his, and the last two, when he outbid himself by $10, were 14 seconds apart.
No it isn't.

You'll see this regulary and it is quite common. It means that he/she probably started by setting a maximum bid. The bid will incriment automatically each time someone bids again, until the maximum is reached. The bid from that somebody will not be visible (unless it is higher than the maximum bid of him/her)... This is part of how eBay and it's services (and other online auctions) work. ;) It is either that, or he was so stupid to outbid himself. Both ways will give you the same report (but, IIRC, you couldn't outbid your own bid, dunno if this is still so)...

----

@Chris, I bought exactly the same fan, new, in a retail store for $4.04 AUD :P http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6746923929

This post was edited on 06-04-2005 at 02:59 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-04-2005 02:49 PM
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

@Chris, I bought exactly the same fan, new, in a retail store for $4.04 AUD http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6746923929
Cookie looking through my previous purchases :dodgy: :P

Shhh! :p Actually, I was able to find some around here for about the same price now too - am going to be setting up a partnership with that company to become one of their dealers.
quote:

When buying on Ebay one needs to be smart, just wait till the bidding is almost done...let's say 10/15 mins left (even better the last minute ), then place your bid.
That is one of my tactics... or If I roughly know how much something will go for I will set my max bid a bit below that and if I get outbid I just tack on a new bid..
06-04-2005 03:19 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
That is one of my tactics... or If I roughly know how much something will go for I will set my max bid a bit below that and if I get outbid I just tack on a new bid..

but what if the bid has gone to major heighs in those past 2 hours..u wudnt want to buy it right? u also have to look around for alternatives..maybe u'll find the same thing for less ;)
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

06-04-2005 03:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
When buying on Ebay one needs to be smart, just wait till the bidding is almost done...let's say 10/15 mins left (even better the last minute :chrongue:), then place your bid.
There are programs which do this automatically and there is actually a term for that: "sniping". But many people don't like it though, for obvious reasons. But if you can't sit out an item you're bidding on to snipe it in the end, I'd say you don't really want it and thus don't deserve it :P

quote:
Cookie looking through my previous purchases :dodgy: :P
hehehe, of course... btw, building a server or small workstation with the PIII? :P:D

Anyways, try to find me ;) (no it isn't my nick, but otherwise it's really obvious :p)

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
but what if the bid has gone to major heighs in those past 2 hours..u wudnt want to buy it right?
Why not? He says he places a maximum bid, that means he is willing to pay that amount of money. If someone bids higher then his maximum bid in the last 2 hours then so be it and he wont win.

This post was edited on 06-04-2005 at 04:03 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-04-2005 03:57 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: