What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Backup/Archive Program to arrange files to fit DVDs

Backup/Archive Program to arrange files to fit DVDs
Author: Message:
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Backup/Archive Program to arrange files to fit DVDs
I have Nero BackItUp, does anyone know whether the backups made are 'backup type files', or whether they are the normal files, just copied. I want to archive my files, not backup, before I format and reinstall. That is, I want to burn the files, so I can access them using a regular file browser. I don't want to just burn them the usual way, because I will have to work out how to arrange the files to get them to fill up the DVDs.

That is a bit confusing, I hope you will understand what I mean. If you want me to clarify anything, please ask. I am supposed to have Windows installed by tonight, so a quick reply would be appreciated.

Update
Put more simply:

I want to split up 14 GB of files/folders to fit nicely onto 4 DVDs. (Single layer DVDs, 4.38 GB each)

This post was edited on 06-11-2005 at 08:59 AM by rav0.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
06-11-2005 06:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
RE: Backup Programs
you can check out retrospect here
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
06-11-2005 06:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Backup Programs
Will Retrospect let me browse the DVD that I backup to like a normal data DVD-ROM? I can't seem to find out at the website.

If anyone has any other recomandations on programs that will let me browse backup disks normally, please post them. I want to use a backup program to help me so that it can organise my folders to make the best use of each disk that I use, rether than me havig to calculate folder sizes, and try combinatios of organising them myself.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
06-11-2005 06:23 AM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
RE: Backup Programs
i am not so sure. currently i am using it to backup to an external hard drive, so retrospect might not be for you
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
06-11-2005 06:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Backup Programs
Put more simply:

I want to split up 14 GB of files/folders to fit nicely onto 4 DVDs. (Single layer DVDs, 4.38 GB each)

This post was edited on 06-11-2005 at 08:35 AM by rav0.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

06-11-2005 08:35 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: