What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Iraq, what to do with it?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Iraq, what to do with it?
This poll is closed.
Bomb it and turn it into one big parking lot 12 25%
Burn Saddam out like he tried to do in Kuwait 12 25%
Unleash havoc & beat Saddam to build a very own government 5 10.42%
Leave it the way it is & try to convince Saddam to give up his country 19 39.58%
Total: 48 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

2 votes - 3 average   Iraq, what to do with it?
Author: Message:
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
RE: Iraq, what to do with it?
I agree with you, No one can easliy make a dectator to give up his powers.  But there are many other ways to get him down. Why sould we follow the "torturing and murdering" of innocent people ? What will be the difference between him & us?

If there is a collective oppostion of whole world, he will easily come down. No single counrty can survive alone. Look at the current situation. Saddam said he wont allow inspectors - But now inspectors are in Iraq. He said no U2 flight over Iraq - now hes agreed for that, He said no private interview with scientist in Iraq, Now he's agreed for that.
02-20-2003 11:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
Shine, ever heard of proper-gander?

He's simlpy deviding the world for his own benefit. :undecided:
02-20-2003 12:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
I do agree and I dont support him.

I'm just concerned about ordinary people like us in every part of the world who will be affected by a war. Death, destruction, lose of job (any part of the world). What do you think? If US bomb Iraq, only the people places where the bombs fall will suffer ? No it will have long term effect on economies of many countries.

Just check this study for eg: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm.../economy_iraq_dc_2

This post was edited on 02-21-2003 at 04:56 AM by shine.
02-21-2003 04:55 AM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
No matter what happens, before this guy dies he's gonna wanna have some fame... just like bin larden... the possibility of that needs to end now.
02-21-2003 12:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
k8

grrrr... ;)

38 / Female / –
no one wins a war,
the closest anyone comes is who has teh most men left alive.

sacrificing innocent peoples lives to fight and kill other innocwnt men proves nothing. you dont see politians out there with guns but they are the ones prepared to say yes.  give them  gun an dplae the pollys of the other country infront of themm and let htem fight...then lets see who wins...

the innocent people of australia and america have no choice if we go to war, some are already there like my father.  he hasnt hurt anyone, blownup anythign or offended people. but he hs to fight the war because of bush and howard.  now how right is that??
02-22-2003 07:17 AM
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
Now thats a question from a real victim .. How do the supporters of war answer her ?

<hr>
Edit:
Don't you think we need to leave a world like our (if not better) for our children. Dont you think they should be using Messenger Plus one day ? :)

Look at this innocent smile. Did we do justice to her? What was her mistake ? We have been talking about WMD's !!! But  do we have the right to do that?

[Image: veiledgirl2.jpg]

Many of you are still young. One day you all will have children. Do you want them to come to this world for this....

http://www.savewarchildren.org/exhibitPictures.html

http://www.endthewar.org/images/bt/gallerybt12.htm

This post was edited on 02-22-2003 at 10:43 AM by shine.
02-22-2003 08:58 AM
skydiver

42 / Male / –
Im going and im gonna kill any1 who aint from the west
"Arch or u'll spend the rest of u're life spinnin' "
02-22-2003 01:26 PM
skydiver

42 / Male / –
..if the stand in our way that is
"Arch or u'll spend the rest of u're life spinnin' "
02-22-2003 01:28 PM
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –

Let me tell you this first. I'm neither trying to propagate hate nor trying to show soem nations/nationals in poor light. But I'm just trying to bring your attention to - how the state of world is today. Why we need a war? Its not a Hollywood film! It not a PS2 Game!! Its lives... living people out there. It wonderful when you see things blast up in huge red balls of fire or see skyscrapers crumbling down on you television. It might be an achivement for someone. But what did he achive by killing those innocent people. Why should you wage war on someone? Just because he/she dont follow your ideology ?!! Or is it just for fun?!! Which ever way you look at it, there are millions who suffer for none of their faults.

One justification that I've heard for war is, there is dictatorhship in Iraq and Saddam is oppressing his people and US wants them to be free. Well if you have seen my earlier post and checked out those sites and pictures of those children of Iraq, how can you agree that US is sincere about what its says. They used depleted uranium weapons in last war. They didnt even care about their own soldiers. (Remember soldiers of UK affected by it)

Hatred is born when one feels he had to suffer for none of his fault. So a brutal action today give birth to another brutality in future. So it goes like a chain reaction. Why should we saw the seeds of hatered for our children to suffer? Why dont we try to give them a world where they can smile ?
02-22-2003 02:58 PM
s7a5
Veteran Member

oops Bush is now bombing Iraq so discussion in this room will be over :(
03-20-2003 07:46 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version