What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » POP Email Checker and Proxy

POP Email Checker and Proxy
Author: Message:
FraZor

O.P. Undecided  POP Email Checker and Proxy
I'm having trouble getting the Pop E-Mail checker working. The issue may be  that I'm inside of a network and have to use proxies to connect to the service. I have access to Socks4, Socks5 and HTTP proxies, and in the current latest MSN7 beta I have all theese details filled out and TCP disabled, but it appears that the POP E-Mail checker is still trying to use TCP to connect to the mail servers.

Well thats my guess anyway as whan I hit test settings it tries for a bit then says it couldn't connect and I have tried several mail accounts that I can access with other emans.

Can it not just inherit the advanced connection settings from MSN Messenger itself?

Has anybody got any other advice for this issue?
03-17-2005 11:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
FraZor

O.P. RE: POP Email Checker and Proxy
OK, now using MSN 7 final and the latest MsgPlus, and its still not working. I'm convinced that it is trying to make a direct connection, rather than use MSN's connsction settings, which is quite short-sighted really. Of course I am assuming that its possible to detect and use the connection settings as defined by MSN Messenger.
05-06-2005 09:08 AM
FraZor

Bump because nobody had mentioned anything towards this and because I can see otehr posts from time to time asking for it, also with no replies.
06-14-2005 03:15 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: POP Email Checker and Proxy
Well, I think you're right, msgplus does not take over MSN's settings. Have you tried setting up the internet options (in IE) in a way you can just visit any website with IE? This might help to make it connect automatically through your proxy server.

This post was edited on 06-14-2005 at 03:21 PM by Millenium_edition.
06-14-2005 03:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: POP Email Checker and Proxy
Messenger Plus! uses your IE settings to make its outgoing connection. However, in the case of POP3, Plus! uses Winsock directly and to be honnest with you, I don't know how I could use Winsock to connect through anything else than TCP. If anybody has technical suggestions about this problem, let me know :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-14-2005 06:01 PM
FraZor

Sadly I left my programming skills by the roadside in favour of web coding skills. One tool I know of that CAN do this is CheckP3. I have emailed the author, but there's not much else I can do. If anyone is likely to know how to do this then he probably is.
06-14-2005 07:27 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: