What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msgdiscovery x final!!!!!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
msgdiscovery x final!!!!!
Author: Message:
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!!
So what happens if we uninstalled it before the warning? I haven't noticed any problems apart from when I log off of my user area it pops up with the 'Closing Program' box with the option to 'End Now' for a process called 'Commands'. Is this at all related or have I messed something up myself?

Thanks
06-16-2005 10:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
eckocomplex

– / Male / –
If people could please report bugs properly (with technical information and system/MD configuration) then I'll do my best to fix it. I was informed properly about the uninstall bug and it was fix and uploaded staright away (24 hours ago). Posting bugs on here (because I don't visit much) will NOT get it fixed sorry :(.

The best way to get bugs fixed is posting in http://forums.msgdiscovery.com/index.php?showforum=27 and I'll do my best to fix it.

The reason some people are having issues is due to MSN Messenger not wanting to use a proxy straight away so sign in and sign out. I'm working on a C++ Winsock hook so I can get rid of proxying for the next release. Oh and I will rename the "Webcam Recording" to "Webcam snapshots" to stop confusion (sorry to those people who feel mislead).

Peace, ecko_complex
06-17-2005 12:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Plus! Zone (msgpluszone.com)

The latest version (built on June 15th, 2005) received a Fail rating.  MessengerDiscovery X install starts with an obtrusive advertisement that disappears after 18 seconds.  We also encountered MANY problems with the "Contact List Manager", causing it to completely not function.  The same occured for the Debug Window. And Event Log.

After our tests, we conclude that MessengerDiscovery may be SOMEWHAT useful if it actually functioned as it says it does.  However, it does not function AT ALL.  The newest version kills MSN Messenger during uninstall without restarting it - a drawback.  We have yet to see a version of MessengerDiscovery that ACTUALLY functions, passes a ZoneLabs test, and that properly sets the correct MSN connection information upon uninstall.

This is my latest test results of MessengerDiscovery.  I was mislead to believe that this version was safer than previous versions, I was evidently wrong...it also fecked my MSN Messenger to death, im fixing that right now.

It'd be a great piece of software if it didnt touch the connection to MSN.  But it does, which makes it bad.
06-17-2005 01:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Derwan

51 / Male / –
Damn I wish I'd had the chance to read all of this before installing it.  Will be upgrading soon so I can uninstall it safely!

A couple of nifty features - when it's working.  Seems to be a 50/50 chance of it realising that MSN Messenger is in fact connected.

I don't think it has/had been beta tested enough to warrant a version 1.00.

06-17-2005 06:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. He never installed MD, maybe the one using the comp before him did, result: a very buggy MSNM wich disconnects and blocks him randomly. The message he gets in his logs is: BYE <emailaddy> then he gets blocked. Another weird thing is he gets MSG <emailaddy> after each message from me too after he was disconnected.

Eckocomplex (or someone else of MD) could you be so kind to tell me wich regkeys/dlls to delete or give me a decent uninstaller for it, i wil not sign up on your forums just for this nor do i want my friend to install MD after all the troubles i heard it's causing, i hope you can understand that.

If you wish not to post this info onhere (i really think you should tho as this has caused more people trouble) then gimme a link to where it is in pm or w/e.

Edit: ohh ehmm before you say put old registry back, well clearly enough he doesn't have a backup! It's not his fault.

This post was edited on 06-17-2005 at 03:06 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-17-2005 02:51 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Well eckocomplex bugs happen it's as simple as that buthow long was the final beta tested for? Your beta testers, did they check the uninstaller, maybe you should of waited a few days before you posted it on mess.be :P

Mess.be also said i reported the new version release when i just saw it on mess.be for the first time :lol: I herad about it the first time from me :S

Btw how many people downloaded it with the bug?
06-17-2005 02:57 PM
super-schaf

it means super sheep in german

29 / Male / –
O.P. RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!!
wow! thats strange i dont have any problen atol! hmm.. seems like im a lucky person!
[Image: banner_petition.gif]
06-17-2005 05:05 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Well, for me, not even the bug worked. :rofl:

Edit: It didn't delete ALL of the startups, but it did delete some. It deleted WhatPulse from starting :dodgy: I lost a lot of keys...

This post was edited on 06-18-2005 at 09:45 PM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

06-17-2005 06:48 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
After you download and install the latest version, uninstalling will not remove any registry keys, apart from the one made by MDX.

I've tested it on my system and the results are that the uninstaller bug has been fixed.

Please clarify.
06-18-2005 07:39 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
After you download and install the latest version, uninstalling will not remove any registry keys, apart from the one made by MDX.

I've tested it on my system and the results are that the uninstaller bug has been fixed.

Please clarify.
the bug has been fixed since the last post about it...
06-18-2005 08:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: